Chapter#7

Haley's pov

Abby helps jaha back to camp. Haley,bell,jaha and Abby go to the meeting room to talk about this situation.

Haley says"there has to be another way?

Jaha says"there's not. The commanders message was clear leave or die. We have 16 hours.

Bell says" you think we should just give up?

Jaha says"this not our home it's theirs. Because Kane went looking for peace, he's given us a chance...to move on without bloodshed.

Abby says" and where is Marcus now? In prison still? Your just gonna leave him there? Like the kids in mount weather. If we run who's gonna rescue them?

Jaha says"you weren't there abby. I saw them. Warriors trained since childhood to fight and die for their cause. As we speak they are marching on this camp. Trust me when I tell you the right choice is to live...so that we can come back and fight another day.

We all hear a door open and look over. Byrne comes in.

Byrne says"ma'am. Sir. The people are on edge. A word from their chancellor could go a long way.

Jaha walks over to Byrne.

Jaha says"of course.

Byrne says"unfortunately sir, Dr.griffin is still in command. Until a vote can be taken. Or you willingly transfer your authority.

Jaha says"what are you waiting for?

Abby says"I'm not ready to match our people into the desert thelonious. Not until we try to find another way.

Abby turns to Byrne.

Abby says"we'll talk to them together.

Abby walks out of the room and jaha follows and so does Byrne. Bellamy turns to Haley.

Bellamy says"so...

Haley says"yeah, okay we need to go out there rather than just talk in here about what happend.

Haley and Bellamy followed them out there. Haley and Bellamy snuck past Abby and jaha and went out into the crowd and blended in with the crowd.

Jaha says"chancellor.

Abby says"by now you've all heard the rumors. And unfortunately it's true. The grounders are coming. We have a difficult decision to make. Thankfully, chancellor jaha his way back to us. And we're discussing all options.

Jaha says"but to be safe...you need to pack. Now. Whatever you can carry. We may need to leave at a moment's notice.

Man says"where will we go?

Jaha says"I don't know, the answer. But I heard of a place. A city of light. It's across the dead zone.

Man says"what makes you think we'll make it there?

Jaha says"because we made it here. I have faith. And right now. Given the alternative...that's good enough for me.

Haley says"not for us. If we leave here what happens to our people in mount weather?

Jaha says"as your mother said...that is a very difficult decision to make. But the time has come for each and everyone of us to ask...is this how the story of our people ends? Did we come all this way to die tomorrow? Because if we're not gone before that sun rises, that is exactly what will happen.

Haley looks over at her mom and her mom looks at her.

Abby says" no decisions been made. In the meantime, please report to your station supervisor and gather emergency supplies.