arataki itto- strawberry soda

fluff!
modern au!
gender neutral reader!

You and Itto had been married for two years, having first met in your junior year of high school. Now, you were both 23, living with each other.

You still loved him and he did so and return, but after living with for a while, you noticed something.

He was...messy, to say the least.

Especially when it was football season. If Itto got too rowdy, chips and soda would almost always end up on the floor.

And let's just say...it was annoying, to say the least.

Your eyes slowly opened as you woke up

Your eyes slowly opened as you woke up. You squinted, trying to discern your surroundings. It's still dark.

Feeling an uncomfortable dryness in your mouth, you eased yourself from Itto's grip. You slid into your slippers and shuffled downstairs for water, using the wall as your guide.

Despite intentionally turning on the lights, your eyes still closed in surprise. You had to blink a few times to adjust to the brightness.

You reached into the cupboard for a glass and filled it with water.

You walked toward the fridge, seeking a snack when your eyes fell upon something red.

A soda can huh? You sighed and made to pick it up.

Then a spider crawled onto your hand.

You hated spiders.

You shouted and swore and sped to the garbage bin, water long forgotten. Frantically, you crushed the spider with the soda can before throwing it in the bin.

"Ohhh my god." You muttered as you washed your hands, your heart still pounding. "Why are there spiders..." you uttered like it was a curse. "What—," you looked back at the fridge, and you saw a sticky red stain on the tile where the soda can was.

I'm gonna kill him this time.

You were drying your hands when you heard a voice.

"What was that?" You swivelled around to see a sleepy Itto, hair disheveled and eyes squinting in the brightness.

Even now he still looked so handsome. You blushed slightly, despite yourself. You swallowed, remembering your anger.

"Itto." You sighed. "I've had enough of these soda cans." You gestured to the stained tile. "When did that happen?"

"Oh.." Itto scratched the back of his head, genuinely contrite. "That was uhh...say, last Tuesday? I'm more surprised that you just realised that was there though."

You crossed your arms. "Itto when I picked that can up, there was a spider. You know how I feel about them. This happens so often, we're probably infested." You held your hand to your forehead, not wanting to think about that.

"I know and I'm sorry. Here, I'll even clean it up for you." Itto said, already getting to it.

"That's lovely and all, but I really think you ought to take a break from soda and chips for a while. This can't be healthy." You softened your tone, aware he meant his apology.

"Ugh...fine." You knew Itto was loathe to part with his snacks, but he knew that you knew that he knew that deep inside, he really was thinking about taking a break.

"I'm gonna have to call the exterminators in the morning, god I hope we aren't infested." You walked to the living room and began to pace, anxiety invading your conscience. You refused to sit down for fear of something crawling out of the cushions.

"Hey hey." Itto followed you. "I'm really sorry about this. I mean it!" He planted a kiss on your neck. Two. "And I promise to cut back on the soda."

You said nothing.

"I'm sure we aren't infested." He planted another. "I'm sure." He planted two more.

You crossed your arms, not reacting to his kisses. Exasperated and amused, you said, "Itto, if you think sex is gonna get you out of this, you are sorely mistaken."

He kissed you on the cheek. "Only one way to find out right?" He pecked you on the lips, hands on your shoulders. "Now pick me up and have your way with me. Just..." he gave your much smaller frame a pat on the back. "Lift with your legs."

You smiled and sighed, feeling less tense. "Tomorrow night maybe." You kissed his forehead. "But we must go back sleep now, it's far too late for that, Itto."

"Well, I tried."