Chapter Seventeen: Box

"You are not leaving the manor now," Namjoon orders. 

See, normally you wouldn't mind. You really wouldn't, BUT did they forget that you have a little brother Nathan you want to check up on?! Hoseok can see your inner turmoil, knowing that you would ask him to sneak out and see Nathan. 

"Namjoon I can't do that," you said, looking up to him. 

"And why not? You don't even go outside anyways." You bit your lip and clench your fists. The eight of you are in the living room from Namjoon calling this meeting. "I can't stay locked up inside, what about my brother? Say someone wants to hold me hostage they can use Nathan as leverage to lure me out and take me too? It's a classic hostage situation scenario."

"Your brother is safe, we took his memories-" 

"Doesn't mean jack shit to whoever was in those woods," you curse. "How many enemies have you made over the years?" Jungkook clicks his tongue, crossing his arms as he leans against the couch. "Too many to count, unfortunately," he answers. 

"Classic kidnapping tactic!" you said, throwing your arms up. "Nathan and Mike could be in trouble as we speak! We have to go get him!" 

"Y/N I sent out bodyguards for your brother, even for Mike," Namjoon said, a bit irritated that you're not listening to him. Jungkook and Taehyung however can see you are losing your mind and they can't blame you. They made a lot of enemies in their lives and whether you like it or not you're now wrapped up in their troubles. 

"How do I know those bodyguards won't feast on my brother or Mike?!" you yell out. 

Namjoon growls and makes his way towards you when Taehyung quickly stands in front of him. "Okay, okay listen why don't we just take a deep breath. Y/N, Namjoon's men are the toughest out there, can you trust me when I say that your brother and best friend are safe?" You clench your hands into fists, honestly angry. It felt like they were dismissing your concerns, not listening to your worries. 

"I don't have a choice do I?" you asked, ticked off.  "You're locking me away again." 

Hoseok comes up to you and places his hands on your shoulders. It seems like they're not getting through to you at all, of course, they're not getting through to you. Are you still feeling like a prisoner? He does have to sneak you out just to check on your brother and Mike, you even have to ask just to see if you're brother is in good hands. 

And you can't go anywhere without their watchful eyes. 

No wonder they're not getting through to you, in many ways you're still a prisoner. 

A knock on the door makes everyone tense up. What the hell? Who is out here? You look at their confused expressions and Jin makes his way to the front door. You curiously follow him as does the rest of the guys. You make it to the front door before getting placed behind Yoongi, who is glaring at the door. 

Jin swings the door open and there on the porch is a box. Jin glances out to see if anyone is still around. With no one in sight and his senses not going off, he glances back down to the box.

He went to pick it up and hears something rattling inside. He opens and his eyes widen with what he sees. Behind him, he heard your screams, as you see your decaying mother's head inside the box. Maggots are nesting in her empty eye sockets as her face is in a frozen 'scream' expression.