Chapter 3

Picture of Mira above.

(Yet Still 3rd P.O.V.)

Juniper looks herself over in her mirror, deeming her outfit appropriate. Black pants, a black long sleeve top to keep her warm during the trip, black boots, and a purple hooded cloak.(c8, s6, t3, b3) She smirks when she hears a loud groan come from her brother's room. She grabs her bag (m2) and leaves her room, stopping in the doorway to her brother's room.

"It's about time you wake up, Princess." She snickers, taking in her brother's messy appearance. "You've got 20 minutes to dress and pack. Then we leave for the Crow Club."

"Good morning to you too." Jesper groans, pulling himself out of bed as Juniper walks away.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

"What even happened last night?" Jesper questions his sister as they walk to their workplace. He managed to pull himself out of bed without vomiting, all but inhaling the hangover tonic before scrambling to get ready before she left him.

"I should be asking you that." She grins. "I was up with Kaz when we heard your gun. We go down to see what's happening and you're drunk off your ass, dancing around the stage and shooting random things, stark naked."

"WHAT?!" Jesper shouts, grabbing Juniper by the shoulders and stopping her. "NAKED?!"

"Yup, underwear and everything. Everyone saw your birthmark."

"No." Jesper gasped. "I can't believe drunk me did that."

"Good. Because he didn't." Juniper smirks and continues walking.

"Wait, what?"

"You weren't naked, Jes." Juniper laughs. "Or on the stage. You were standing on the bar and you shot two rounds at literally nothing before I drug your sorry ass home.

"Oh, I'm going to end you." Jesper growls.

"You'll have to catch me first!" Juniper calls before taking off, running through the nearly empty streets. She risks a look behind her, Jesper desperately trying to catch her but failing to run fast enough.

----------------------------------------------------------------

"I didn't hire you to simply get us across the Fold." Kaz tells the Conductor, staring the man down. "You're here because you smuggle Grisha out of the Little Palace, and that's the location of our target."

The group had gathered in the early hours and boarded a boat for West Ravka. The trip across the sea took several hours, and once arriving on land, they rented a carriage and set off to their destination.

Beside the Conductor, Inej stares out the window of the moving carriage. Directly across from her is Juniper, the curly-haired brunette focused on aligning the sights on her brother's gun. Said brother is outside the carriage, guiding the horses on where to travel. Juniper finishes the weapon and tucks it into the bag fastened to her hip to give back to him at the next earliest convenience. Each person brought a bag of necessities with them that was currently stored in the trunk on the back of the carriage, but Juniper had elected to bring an extra bag full of her Alkemi-made concoctions and supplies, and kept that tightly fastened to her hip along with her guns.

"Sun Summoner." Inej mutters, referring to the person who would earn the group an easy million kruge.

"Alleged." Kaz corrects her and Juniper's eyes roll before landing on the shiny golden head of Kaz's cane.

"They wouldn't keep a fraud in the most secure location in all of Ravka." Juniper mutters, reaching out and taking the cane out of Kaz's glove-clad hands. He allows her to take the object, surprising both Inej and the Conductor. In any other scenario he wouldn't have let her, but they were sitting and the woman often needed something to fidget with when she was anxious, so he let her.