Leave her alone

"Marry me."

Sitting in the living with Jongin on the video call, he said a hideous thing. Jennie's mouth fell agape and she blurted out, "What?"

Jongin breathed out audibly and repeated himself, "If you want Y/N to be safe and sound, marry me."

"I'm not marrying you. I'd prefer dying over that!" she furiously spoke to him.

Jongin mockingly clicked his tongue and then said, "Well, you don't leave me any choice but to do this..."

There was a moment of silence before a man approached Y/N and stood in front of her. Jennie carefully looked at the screen and was about to speak but something happened.

"Y/N! NO!"

The man harshly planted his fist on Y/N's face, punching her hard. He again lifted his hand and knocked her in the stomach, causing her to spit some blood out.

Jennie couldn't do anything, she felt hopeless and shouted, "Jongin! Stop this! Please don't hurt her!"

The man in black abruptly stopped and Jongin's voice came over, "Then accept my condition and I'll let her live."

"Are you crazy, Jongin?! I will not marry you. Get that in your head!" Jennie spat out it in rage and gripped her phone tightly.

"So, you've chosen her death. Okay," Jongin said, and almost instantaneously, the man propelled Y/N square in the chest, causing her chair to fall backward and Jennie shriek.

"Stop! Stop! I'll do it! Stop him, Jongin! Please!" Jennie implored as Jisoo propped her by holding on to her shoulder and Somi, Lisa, and Rose shared frightened looks.

"Do what, babe? Tell me clearly."

Jennie took in a constricted breath and tightly shut closed her eyes. The girls were crying altogether because they were as helpless as Jennie. They looked away to avoid eye contact with Jennie.

"I'll marry you. Please leave her," she slowly said as every inch of her skin was denying her words. However, she couldn't see anything else but Y/N and her safety.

Jongin let out a merciless laugh and said, "That's my girl. The wedding is tomorrow, no delay. Bye, babe!"

"Tomorrow?! Jongin--"

But, he ended the call without giving any more information. The phone fell from her loose grip and Jennie slumped down as her legs gave away the strength to stand anymore.

Jisoo sat next to the girl and hugged her as she tried to control herself from crying. This was not what they thought will happen. Rosé kneeled and rubbed her shoulder, trying to soothe her.

"Girls, you all are still up-- Jennie?"

Mrs. Kim emerged from her room and apparently, she didn't have any idea what was happening outside her room. She rushed forward and crouched down in front of her daughter as Rosé stood up to give her space.

She wiped off the tears and asked, "Honey? What happened? Why are you crying... and you all too?" She glanced at everyone's faces which were sorrowful.

Nobody said anything.

They were all hugging themselves and avoided eye contact. Mrs. Kim stood up and firmly asked again, "What happened?"

She looked straight at Lisa and she took in a sharp breath. "Y/N is kidnapped by Jongin. And... he asked Jennie to marry her tomorrow if we want him to leave her."

Mrs. Kim stared at her for a few moments and then let out a low chuckle, saying, "You're joking, right? Lisa, I know you tend to prank a lot but, this is too much... Tell me you're lying."