Chapter Five: Nocturnal discussion

The three of them had jumped out of the window, but the office was on the ground floor so they didn't take many risks by doing so. The guard was already on the scene but they managed to escape them completely, running back to the docks were they had spent the last two night. The small boat was still there, untouched and afloat. They all jumped onboard and hid inside the captain cabine, Qa laid down on his bedroll while the two other observed the compass.

The first thing that caught the halfling attention about it was the fact that it was not pointing at the north, a stupid though crossed his mind "what if the north changed position overnight" he shot a glance at the boat compass and sure enough the compass on the wooden table pointed to the right direction "Of course, what ridiculous thought! You should know better!". The elf seemed to be absolutely delighted to see that the compass was pointing to a entirely diffrent direction than what a compass should point to. 

"Qa ! We were right this is the one! It's working!" the human male made a motion to get up but Eleon was already shoving it in his face

"Great, great! We shall set sail tomorrow then." He tried to push the elf aside as if he actually wanted to go to sleep but the archer had another idea

"No we shall depart now, let's not waste another second, this great endeavour shall not wait more!" He jumped out and started untying the heavy white clothe and checking every corner of the boat to make sure that everything was in order.

Jory felt a bit worried and turned to the swordsman who let out a sigh before also getting up

"I'll take care of him but I worry that it's too late and that we might not get the sleep we deserve" 

Qa worries revealed themselves to not be devoid of foundation because when Jory left the quarter and poked his head out the man was getting the moorings off. his eyes were apologetic but Eleon was absolutely delighted. They set sail in the middle of the night just as the guard were arriving on the docks, but since many fishing ship were also leaving one more or one less... they were left completely ignored.

Jory looked at the coast slowly getting smaller and smaller, the night was perfectly clear and the lantern light could be seen from afar, it reminded Jory of the stars so he looked up. In this clear night the stars were even more numerous than in his memory, even from the astrology tower he never looked at the stars with the same wonder than tonight. 

Eleon followed his gaze, under this moonless sky there was still a lot of light and the faint glow of his skin did not show, the stars...they seemed to look back into him. The elf walked up to Qa and fell asleep just as he was about to say something. The man did not seem that surprised he took the elf in his arm and brought him back inside. When he came back out Jory was sitting against the side of the boat.

"Why this look on your face?" he asked puzzeled

"Does it happen often? That Eleon just fall asleep like this"

"From time to time, I got used to it after a time, the emotions he feels are too strong that makes him exhausted"

"Weird, I never heard of such..." how does that categorize as? An ilness?

"All elves are like that, their collected and calm exterior they are so fond of is because they supress unnecessary emotion to prevent things like falling asleep unexpectedly"

"Since you know that would happen you did not stop him because..."

"I knew that soon enough everything would be calm again"

They both stayed silent but Qa walked up to the halfling and sat next to him, the latter wanted to ask a lot of question but eventually they all stayed stuck in throat unable to choose the one he should ask first. In the end the first one that broke the silence was Qa.