Going a Little Ovebroard: Epilogue

“This ain’t goodbye, oh no, this ain’t goodbye.” I sang along to the radio as I packed. I could sing the lyrics in my sleep I’d listened to them so much the first few weeks after I got home from the trip.

My mother was worried when I would get home from school and immediately go to my room to sleep or draw. I always drew the same thing: Cody, or May, or all of us together.

I hadn’t been accepted to my dream college, but I’d applied to other schools, so with my grades I’d been able to get into Dartmouth.

“Somebody’s here to see you.” My mother came into the room, smiling.

“Thanks mom, send them up. Oh, and if Lily calls, tell her I’ll be down to see her before I leave on Saturday.”

“Okay, honey.” After I’d gotten back, my mom realized what she was going through wasn’t going to help anybody, and she’d been going to therapy for the last few months. It seemed to really help her, and my father was still going on shorter trips so he could be closer to his family.

“You must be loaded. This house is huge.” I froze when the familiar voice met my ears, along with the feminine giggle I knew went along with it.

“You… you’re here?” I turned to see my favorite twins. Ones I hadn’t seen in months since I left the trip. May, and Cody.

“I told you I’d be back.” I nearly tripped over my countless boxes getting to them. I nearly plowed them down with my hug, squeezing just to be sure it was real.

“Oh, my god,” I sobbed. “I’ve missed you guys so much!”

“We’ve missed you, too.” They answered together, like the twins they were.

“I still don’t understand, aren’t you going home?”

“Well, yes. But only to pack,” May giggled, holding out to pieces of paper.

“We are happy to inform you that you have been accepted to Dartmouth…” I looked up at them. “Really?!”

“Yes. We only found out today that that was where you were going.” Cody smiled, “made getting back to you easier.”

“I didn’t want to leave. But he betrayed me, guys. I’ve known him for years and I didn’t think he could ever do that to me.”

“He failed.” May sighed, “He’s staying on the ship for another year.”

“He is? But, that’s good isn’t it?”

“It’s great, except, after you left, Blaine started dating Kathryne, then Cassia, then Annette, then Carly, then Amy.”

“Let’s not talk about that now. By the way, where are you guys staying?” I asked, an idea forming in my mind.

“Different dorms, all the way across campus,” Cody grumbled, looking at the floor.

“Then it’s settled!” I grinned. “You can stay with me! Dad bought me a flat ten minutes from campus, and its four bedrooms. He thought I would need a lot of space, I guess.” I shrugged.

“Are you sure?”

“Of course,” I grinned, grabbing both their arms. “Let’s go eat, we’ll catch up.”

Even though I ditched my friends and my boyfriend because somebody who was practically my whole life betrayed me for a girl, I got them back, even though in my mind I didn’t deserve them.

Blaine may have nearly ruined my life, but I’d managed to get it back on track, and I was starting on a web design degree, which was the next best thing to going into a regular art program.

I would cherish what I had for the rest of my life, and hopefully Blaine would never make an entrance in my life again.