Left Behind

stark!reader

"See you in a minute," was the last thing your girlfriend said to you before leaving. You were originally supposed to go with her to Vormir, but Tony decided to have you go with him instead last minute. So Clint took your spot.

She gave you a quick kiss before smiling brightly, looking more hopeful than she ever had in the past five years.

You returned her smile, then took in a deep breath as you were plunged back into New York, 2012 alongside your father.

Once you arrived, you listened along as the plan was devised.

Since you were the youngest on the team, you had most definitely aged the most since then. You weren't even present here on this day.

"Oh my gosh, Natty was literally a baby here, look how adorable she looks!" You muttered aloud as you saw the 2012 Avengers from afar. "Don't get me wrong, I love her hair now, but her shorter hair was amazing too,"

"Alright, Little Stark," Steve said, letting out a chuckle. "You can admire your girlfriend later. For now, let's get those stones."

You nodded, getting ready to accompany your father toward the tesseract. You could easily pass for a regular civilian, but you were still wearing an identical security uniform to his.

Just before you stepped out, you held your hand out. Tony held his out too, first moving his hand to high five you, then moving it back for a reverse high-five.

It was a tradition started since your very first mission he let you go on, you always thought of it as a good luck charm.

Now, you stepped out, ready to get the tesseract.

"Are you sure you're gonna be okay?" You asked him, referencing to the fact that Scott was literally crawling inside the past version of him.

"Yeah, yeah, I'll be fine. Don't worry,"

You scoffed, rolling your eyes but stay close.

"Okay, Ant Guy," you said through the comms. "Please don't actually kill my dad,"

This time, Tony scoffed at you.

"He's only giving me a mild cardiac dysrhythmia,"

"That doesn't sound mild," Scott said to both of you through comms.

Just as he was about to pull the plug, Tony let out a gasp.

You turned around and saw the 2012 version of Natasha walking up.

"Distract her!" He whispered to you.

You hesitated, but found your feet moving towards her as your father gave you a little push, slight panic in his eyes.

You sighed, then stumbled toward her.

"Hello," you said, trying to avoid her eyes. She had no idea who you were at the moment and you most certainly did not want her to go full Black Widow on you.

"I need to get through," she said dismissively.

"Wait!" You stopped her, grabbing her arm.

She held her other hand up, ready to punch you in the face until she looked at you closer.

She didn't recognize you, but she didn't want to hurt you either. Little did she know that those were the same pair of eyes she would fall in love with in just a few years.

Just as she was about to open her mouth to say something, both your thoughts were interrupted as Loki escaped with the space stone.

"Shit!" You muttered.