Chapter 11

RAFE'S FACE DROPPED

RAFE'S FACE DROPPED. His fingers were trembling while she recovered from the shock from what had left her mouth. "Wait but that would mean." He says shaking his head.

"Look Rafe it doesn't matter." She says trying to reach for the bag. He backs away. "Rafe." She says slowly. "No but that means you're diabetic and I know that only-" he starts but she interrupts him. "Look it doesn't matter ok?" She says taking the bag from his hand to put it in the open cabinet.

"Livie you just indirectly told me your diabetic and your saying it's not a big deal?" He says.

"Well it hasn't been a big deal for a few years now. I've dealt with it since I was in fifth grade."

"Olivia why'd you make a bucket list?" He asks. "It was a stupid idea the doctor brought up." She says. "But why would they tell you to make a bucket list? It's not like you're dying."

The silence that followed after the words and the disappointing gaze that had came across her face as she looked down said it all. It hurt her to see him turn around and leave.

Before he was fully gone he turned around tears steaming down his face. "Were you going to tell me?" He asks desperate. "I don't know Rafe." She stated. The last thing she heard was the door slam shut as she watched him head straight to his car without looking back.

He felt so sick and confused

He felt so sick and confused. The moment kept replaying in his head from the moment he had left. He was completely and utterly confused. He started to reply everything. His mind kept coming back to the one thing. The bucket list. When she first introduced it to him he thought it was stupid because everything on the list were basic things that any normal person had done at least once. Then again she wasn't normal.

How did he not see it sooner? He had never met a person who hadn't been to the beach If they weren't passing through.

They lived on an island it was a coincidence that they hadn't even met after so long. It was at a party and she was there drinking apple juice and she stood out to him mainly because he hadn't seen her in a while. He was shocked because he had begun to think she was shipped of to a boarding school or something.

He wondered how he didn't see it sooner but he didn't real care anymore he needed to calm himself down. He knew where he could do that. He decided to take the easy way out.

*time skip*

His fingers were trembling and he couldn't contain himself not even when he put his hands on the frigid arms of the wood chair, watching how little lines were slowly forming on the table he sat at.

Rafe brought his fists up to his mouth and felt the cold ring touch his lips, mouth hanging slightly open to say something. "Cut the bullshit man, you've been on these for at least half an hour" Everyone at that table could tell the boy was anxious just with one look at his bouncing leg, some knew the emotion he felt very well, the rest being lucky enough not to fall pray to it yet.

"First line is all yours, kook prince" Those words were enough for him to indulge himself. Rafe knew what he was doing was wrong but he didn't care he felt like he needed to relieve himself. He pushed all his thoughts away and continued to bounce his leg.

Quickly wiping the white dust that was on his nose with his palm, the brunette turned to face his friends. "You've got to try this man I'm telling you, you feel out of this world."

"Dude are you ok? Your acting off." Topper said. "I'm fine." He dismissed. "It started when we were at Liv's did something happen? Do you want me to call her?" Topper suggests starting to pull out his phone.

"No nothing happened. I just wanna feel better." He spoke coming mainly out like a mutter in what Topper almost didn't hear. "Are you sure?" Topper asked worried about his friend.

Instead of answering Rafe nodded his head. "Ok I'm gonna go find Sarah."

Rafe thought as a chuckle escaped his lips. Thanks to the cocaine making him more stable than before, his trembling stopping right after he put his nose in the fine powder. Things were moving slower he kept think back to Olivia and how her she looked down in disappointment.

It seemed that everyone in his life had always disappointed him. But she made him happy something he hadn't felt in a long time. A way to relive himself from stress instead of drugs. The last time he had done drugs was when she did them with her.

She made him feel better instead of feeling like a disappointment. He regretted leaving her but in reality he didn't want her to leave him.

Rafe Cameron should've paid more attention to her

Rafe Cameron should've paid more attention to her. He scolded himself for not paying more attention, for not noticing any of the signs. The darkness that surrounded him only begged him to find the light, and yet, he found himself searching for some sense in the agony that he felt. Nothing good was ever going to come out of him, he was a calamity of disaster.

So, he curled onto his blanket, falling asleep as he tried to wipe the tears off his face. The last thought he had for the night made him itch a little with discomfort, yet it seemed to be the only one that brought him sleep. The thought that maybe she would leave him like everyone else that was supposed to matter in his life.

As the sunlight caressed Rafe's skin, his hands went to his eyes in an attempt to help with his slight headache. For once, it wasn't caused by heavy drugs or heavy drinking, but by the discomforting thought that was in his mind.

"Rafe!" Sarah called from outside his door. "Rafe!" She said calling once more before she entered fully.

"What?" He asked irritated while starching his forehead. "It's Liv." She said. "What?" His interest spiked up.

"I heard Rose talking to her mom on the phone." She said. "What Sarah." He asked.

"She's in the hospital."