chapter 2

Asami didn't get to see the end of the race, but she did see that Langa had won. Yet at first glance it looks like Reki was about to throw a punch at him.

*YOUR POV*

You watched as Reki moved forward and grabbed onto Langa's shirt tightly, "Idiot! ...You're so...AWESOME!" Reki shouts, his voice cracking at the last word. You smile at your best friend's reaction.

It was the next day and you were hanging out with the two boys after school on the steps. Reki was gushing over the evening before. "I've never seen someone skate like that in my life!" You smiled and then looked at Langa who was taping his feet again. "Uh Langa, you sure that's a good idea..?" You said nervously, worried he might get injured. He shrugs his shoulders and continues and then you listen back to what Reki was saiding.

"How did you do that flip trick at the end?!" He then crouches down imitating as if he was holding the board, "Is that some kind of snowboarding trick?" Reki, if it was possible, would've had stars around him at the moment.

"Yep. It's the backside rodeo." Langa said proudly.

Reki then points finger guns at Langa, "American! HEZAY."
"You mean Canada." Langa said defensively.
"That's right. Canayda, Candada, that's not the point. You know how to skate! I want to see some more."
"Oop, well-" You said in surprise as Langa stands up quickly.
"You got it." Langa said to himself, looking ahead of him like some protagonist in an action movie.

The boys go to the top of the hill while you start to pack up your things, it was almost time to go to Uncle Kojiro's for dinner and there was no way you were going to be late. So you decided to stay by the steps and watch this go down.

You stood by the bushes, bag on back and watched how Langa readied himself, he took a deep breath in and then went, "Push me."

"Ah jeez" Reki said with a sigh and stood up to help him. You laughed at this sight, they were going to be great friends. To be honest, you felt like an outsider with them right now, not used to feeling like a third wheel. But you ignored the feeling, telling yourself to stop over thinking.

Langa sped past you as he started to pick up speed. As he turned the corner you heard Reki shout, "Langa, you gotta stop!"

That's when all three of you realized. The road.

Both you and Reki started running to catch up to Langa, you watched how Langa tried to stop himself but ended up rolling and tumbling right into traffic. "Oh my gosh! Langa!" You shout as a truck drives over where Langa was lying.

Everyone had a sigh of relief when he was fine. The boys sat on the stairs again and you stood, you were staying a little longer to see if Langa really was alright.

"I don't understand how did you skate so well last night? " Reki asked him as you hummed in agreement. "I honestly don't know myself." Langa said, answering Reki's question. "I mean if you told me you paid your twin brother to skate that match, I'd believe it." You took the moment of silence to said your goodbyes. "Where are you going?" Reki asked as you started walking up the stairs.

"Family's going out for Dinner at Joe's, so I can't be late." You said with a smile. "You know I still need to meet this family of yours." Reki said, returning the smile. You laugh and carry on walking while waving behind you, "You've already met them..." You mumbled to yourself once you were a distance away. You didn't glance back at the boys, you didn't want to risk that feeling to rise up again.

You mustn't get it wrong, you were happy that Reki seemed to be getting another close friend. You just felt...left out.

<3