chapter 6

Everyone slowly went home because nobody had an answer to the big question,

"Then what can we do...?"

Once everyone left, you started helping Kojiro to take dishes to the kitchen to wash them and Kojiro sat down at a table across from Kaoru but he was what seemed to be trying to finish writing some emails, but in reality he was worried about you, how much this whole thing was affecting you. He's seen how the stress causes your stomach to ache and the headaches form and you constantly are tired, even if you go to bed early.

You finally had all the dishes in the kitchen and started running the hot water and put some soap in the sink. After a while of doing the dishes, you only had a few left. You heard your uncle and Kojiro talking, but you couldn't hear what they were talking about. You put the final dish down and then opened the kitchen door slightly to hear their words, "Ru, you have to stop stressing so much. Asami can handle herself and if she really needs your help she will ask..." Kojiro said with a hand on Kaoru's shoulder.

"But...what if she doesn't, what if she's scared she's going to get injured again..."
"Don't worry-" Kojiro started saying but you interrupted with a grand entrance making it look like you weren't just listening.
"I'm finished! But we have to go now, we can't miss Langa's beef." Kaoru gives you a look of concern but doesn't say anything more and you all start to get ready for S.

You all stood around in a group and listened to the people betting on who's gonna win. And then someone said, "Woah, hey look, it's snow boy." Everyone turned their heads to him. You noticed Reki as walked next to him, he looked glum.

"You showed up-!" Shadow said. "Adam here?" Reki asked, ignoring Shadow.

"Not yet." Cherry said and you tensed slightly with how upset he sounded. "I bet he'll make a grand entrance for his comeback." Joe said, and glanced at Cherry.

"How much do you wanna bet it's gonna be roses or a helicopter?" You whispered to Miya who just giggled in response. "What's that mean?" Langa asked, confused.
"Like shooting himself out of a cannon." Reki said, sounding bored.
"False, he's probably running late." Miya said, and moved towards the boys.

Reki's face dropped and he looked at the younger boy. "Do you ever laugh-?" That's when the fangirl screams began and you knew he had arrived. You watched how the red carpet rolled out and stopped at your feet. The bile started to rise in your throat...This is what he had done with you before...it was a race that Kaoru had called off before it began. You were only fourteen at the time when it happened...that was nearly four years ago.

Adam skated down the carpet, a spotlight making him the center of attention, not that he wasn't already. "Here we go..." Langa said to all of us. You took Reki's hand for support, you were both going to need it.

And indeed, just like you had suspected, Adam had roses for Langa.

"A symbol of courtship, and celebration. To you, to me, to us..."
"Thanks." Was all Langa said as he took the flowers. Your face dropped, "You don't have to accept them-" You whispered harshly, remembering how you just threw your flowers on the ground right in front of Adam's very eyes.

Adam turned to the other founders and gasped, "Are you rooting for the snow bunny?"
"I'm not sure." Joe said.
"Don't even start that Adam, you're the one who ditched us first-" Cherry said with venom in his words. "Is that what happened~?"
Reki spoke up to Langa, "You ready?"
"Yes I am."
The alarm started and the racers got into position to start their beef.
The countdown starts and the crowd cheers but the racers don't move. Adam had tried to pull the same move that he did with Reki, but Langa wasn't going to fall into it.
"He's doing it again-" Miya realized. "Yep..." Is all you have as a response.