chapter 8

You got up and mentioned going to bed because you were tired. You went to go on a walk instead, you decided the cooler and quiet air would do you good. You walked for a bit but then turned around until you found a spot, you sat on the top of a rock formation close to your accommodation. You watched as all of them skated off together, having a race, laughing and having fun as if they didn't have a care in the world.  You envied them, their ability to skate without any fear, the ability to not have their memories stopping them from ever getting back on a board. All of the boys came back in dribs and drabs, they smelled like death. A few hours passed and you decided to go back to actually get some sleep.

You reached the entrance of the yard and heard a yell. "Asami!" oh no...
"You said you were going to bed! What on earth were you doing out there? And by yourself?" Your uncle kept yelling at you and the younger boys came out to check what was happening. They found it strange because it was odd to see an employer and intern argue like this, according to them. "Someone could have hurt you Asami!" Your eyes widened and you turned to Kojiro, the hurt evident in your voice. "You told him!?"
"Asami...I had to." Kojiro said softly with guilt in his face and words.

"I can't believe you would go out there without telling me first!" Koaru continued yelling. You turned back around to carry on going back to your room. "Don't walk away from me young lady! You could've been put in danger!"
You spun around to face your uncle, the anger evident in your face and words. "Well it's not like you'd care anyway." You and your uncle just stared at each other, there were no words left to say. You decided to just go back to your room if he had nothing else to say.

"Asami, wait, please!" Kojiro called out right before you slammed your room door shut. He just sighed in defeat and then looked at Kaoru. "Did you really have to freak out at her like that?"
"Oh so now I'm the bad guy Kojiro? She was out there alone! You are well aware of what Adam is capable of. You told me what he did to her." Kaoru shouted back. Kojiro dragged his hand over his face. "Kaoru, the problem is not what you're saying, the problem is how you are taking it out on her." Reki and the rest of the group move closer and he interrupts the conversation, "I'm sorry, but what is going on here?" Neither Kaoru nor Kojiro responded, they glanced at each other, then the boys and then back to each other. "You're going to have to tell them, rather now than later." Kojiro said sternly.

Kaoru sighed frustratedly, he glanced at your door and then started walking away, "Come along boys, this is a long story..." 

When everyone sat down, Kaoru was silent for a few moments. "This is going to be hard to hear...Asami...is my niece."
"WHAT!?" The group of boys shout in disbelief. "Why wouldn't you tell us earlier?"
"Because I didn't want her to be involved with my work life and to be in more danger when it comes to Adam." Kaoru responded.
"Oh...I'm going to take a guess and say that Adam is the reason why Asami no longer skates properly anymore?" Reki asked. "Adam used the Love Hug on her, he was as obsessed with her as he is with Langa right now. But when he missed as she dodged, he pushed her to the edge of the cliff, where the route is closed now, but he pushed her off..." Kaoru took a shaky breath in and Kojiro placed a hand on his back. "Oh no." 

"She spent months in the hospital trying to recover. She was wheelchair bound for 4 months." Reki and Miya gasped. "We've been trying to keep her out of Adam's way since she was out of the hospital and able to move on her own again." Kaoru attempted to speak but his voice was too unstable. Kojiro finished his sentence for him. "But with Adam being back, it hasn't been easy...for any of us..."

The boys sat there in silence..."I had no idea it was that bad..." Miya said. "She was doing so well in the skating championships and then one day just didn't show up." 

"So that's why she's been so upset and stuff when Adam's around. She's just trying to stop him from hurting anyone else..." Reki said softly.

Kojiro placed a glass of water on the table for Kaoru to drink and calm down a bit. "So, just as a favor, keep an eye on her."
"Of course." "Definitely."
Things started to quiet down as everyone was processing what they had been told.  Some were making tea or chatting quietly. Then they heard the screaming. Everyone raced out of the room, knocking cups and glasses over trying to get out to check what's happening. Your door was open and they could see your duvet half lying outside your door. You weren't there. There were more screams coming from the entrance to the property. "Uncle Kaoru! Help me! Please!" You sounded like you were struggling. "Asami!" Kaoru shouted as everyone tried getting to the front, he was ahead of everyone else, with Kojiro tailing close behind.

They got to the front, the sight was horrifying. "Get away from her Adam!" Reki shouted as he was running up.

You were fighting against Adam, kicking and screaming and even trying to bite him. It was slowing him down tremendously. "Stupid brat! Stop fighting against me!" He shouted at you as he tried to get you to his car. He then threatened you with something that Kaoru couldn't see. You immediately stopped fighting. "Kaoru continued moving forward to get to you. "Uh uh, I couldn't come any closer. You wouldn't want your precious little niece to get hurt anymore would you?" Kaoru gasped as he froze into place. Everyone stopped. "What did you do to her?" Kojiro sneered. "Oh she's just sedated, just to stop her from making it difficult for me."

"What the hell are you going to do?" Reki asked, disgusted.
"Oh calm down, I'm not a monster, I won't take advantage of her while she can't defend herself. I'm not a monster." Adam responded, all high and mighty.

His words almost sounded like a cruel joke. But his next ones ran everyone's blood cold. "I will put her through her worst nightmare though when she wakes up."
"No! You can't!" Kaoru shouted as he stepped forward.

Adam threw you in the back of the car and got in the front. "See you on the course Kaoru. Then you can see your precious niece again." And just like that, he drove off and left the rest of them just standing there in horror as they watched Kaoru drop to his knees.  

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hii, yes I'm finally back, Uni was being a bit of a bitch. I'm going to try and republish all the chapters that I have left, within the next week since I am currently on school holiday!! 

Anyway, thank you so much to everyone who reads this and votes, I appreciate it so much. Comments are always welcome, even if you're confused about something. 

Enjoy the story xx