Chapter 7

It wasn't until the next day that Yona finally woke up as Yoon was squeezing some orange juice into her mouth.

"Ah, you're awake," Yoon was quick to notice and immediately shoved the orange slice into the girl's mouth. "My hands were getting tired."

"Hoo a u?" Yona tried to speak through the orange as she hazily stared up at the apricot haired boy.

"I'm Yoon," he licked his fingers off the orange juice before beginning to grind up some medicinal herbs. "I'm just a good looking guy passing through. You can forget that, though. Anyways, you guys must be quite persistent if you were able to survive after falling from that cliff."

"Cliff...?" Yona sat up slowly, rubbing her head as she tried to remember what happened. "That's right. We..." Yona's eyes widened in realization. "Hak? Where's Hak?!"

"Hak?" Yoon questioned even though he already knew both of their names thanks to Ji-ah, who was currently retrieving more water for them. "Oh. If you mean that dark haired man that was with you, he's over there."

"Hak...!" Yona stared at Hak's bandage-covered body in shock and horror.

"He's alive," Yoon told her. "Just barely. We've managed to take care of the poison in his body, but with the sword cut on his chest, the bruises all over his body, and the amount of broken ribs which caused internal bleeding, he would have died if we had treated him a moment later. He was probably shielding you when you two fell from the cliff. He looked like he was hugging you when you guys fell. Though, the trees probably helped. That guy went through a lot for you. Are you guys lovers?"

"No," Yona shook her head simply. "Definitely not."

Yoon sweat dropped. "I feel kind of bad for the guy..."

"So is this the bottom of the valley?" Yona asked. "Are you a doctor? There's someone I'm looking for, but..."

"Yoon! Yoon!" Yona was interrupted by Ik-soo running into the room with mud covering his clothes as tears ran down his face. "Listen! Listen to what I have to say!"

"Hold it," Yoon told him while Ji-ah snuck into the room from behind the priest. Both of her hands held a bucket of water. "Jeez, why are you covered in mud? Don't come near me, okay?"

"Sorry, Yoon," Ji-ah smiled sheepishly. "Ik-soo slipped as we were walking back, and I was too far away to catch him." She held up the two buckets. "I managed to get some more water, though, so we should be good for the night."

"Ah, good job," Yoon complimented, walking over to the girl. "Just set them down over here."

From the other side of the room, Yona stared in shock at the trio as tears welled up in her eyes.

"Ji-ah...?" She questioned, a little in disbelief.

The said girl's head snapped towards the red haired princess, and a gentle smile overtook her face.

"Yona!" Ji-ah walked over to her sister after setting down the water and engulfed her in a light hug so as to not aggravate her injuries. "I'm so glad that you're safe!"

That was all it took for Yona to begin sobbing. "Ji-ah!"

"Hey," Ji-ah whispered, stroking the girl's hair. "It's alright. Everything's going to be alright."

Yoon and Ik-soo were extremely patient as Ji-ah calmed down the young sixteen-year-old. Though, Ik-soo also had tears streaming down his face as he watched the two.

As Yona's sobs died down to mere sniffles, she glanced at Ik-soo and Yoon curiously. "Ji-ah?" She started, her voice breaking a bit. "Where are we?"