Chapter 10

"What about you, Princess Ji-ah?" Hak questioned as they watched Yona try and fail to shoot a bird. "Were you wanting to learn from me, too?"

Ji-ah raised a brow at him. He sounded awfully smug. 

"No," Ji-ah told him, causing a look of surprise to flash across his face. Apparently, he hadn't expected his offer to be rejected. Ji-ah couldn't help the small smirk that crept up her face. "I think I'll pass."

Hak, unfortunately, got over his shock fairly quickly as an 'understanding' smirk dawned on his face as he nodded. "I see," he said with crossed arms. "It's perfectly understandable to want to play the role of the damsel in distress, princess. I suppose it's a good thing that I'm strong enough for all of us."

Yoon sweated nervously as Ji-ah gave a light hum while Hak chuckled from his ego. He knew all too well that she wasn't a damsel in distress, especially after a group of bandits had once tried to attack the two of them on their way back from Katan Village. 

Yoon would have felt pity for them if they hadn't tried to kill them first. 

"Think what you like."

Ji-ah had little interest in learning things that she already knew. 

****

It had been a couple of days since they had set out, and at the present moment, Yoon and Ji-ah were currently a little ways ahead of Yona and Hak while they were having some sort of rendezvous. Normally, Ji-ah wouldn't have let them out of her sight so close to the Hakuryuu's Village, but she was sure that no harm would come to them with Hak around. Plus, after the villagers saw Yona's hair, it was actually far more likely that they'd be thrown a banquet. 

"Man, this fog is starting to get really thick," Yoon complained as the two walked.

"It'll only get thicker as we go on," Ji-ah told him. 

"You're kidding," Yoon groaned. For him, the fog was already plenty thick. He could barely see a foot in front of his face. 

"Go away." Yoon tensed as a cacophony of voices rang out through the fog. "Leave this place at once and never return."

"I thought you said you were friends with them?" The pretty boy hissed at his companion as he kept turning, trying to spot the people that were surrounding them. 

Meanwhile, Ji-ah could only roll her eyes under her blindfold at the dramatics of the villagers. Certainly, it definitely scared off many travellers, but it also tended to draw in crazy people either looking for a fight or looking for ghosts. Ji-ah vaguely remembered a couple that had wandered into the area claiming to be paranormal investigators, whatever that was. 

Ji-ah sighed before taking the katana that was hidden under the cloak she was wearing and quickly cleared the surrounding fog away with a single swing, causing Yoon to look at her in amazement. 

The villagers are immediately revealed and looked to be ready to attack until they finally realized just who they had been threatening. 

"Lady Ji-ah!" They shouted in surprise as they paled and kneeled down, shocking Yoon who looked at Ji-ah with mild confusion. "Please forgive our insolence!"

"Maa, maa, there's no need to worry about it," Ji-ah tried to placate them, sweat dropping when they started crying and talking of her 'benevolence.' She had always appreciated how sincere Gu-en's descendants were, but sometimes, it got a bit awkward. "Besides, it's my fault for not announcing myself sooner."

One of the older men of the group stood up and walked towards Yoon and Ji-ah.

"I apologize for asking, Lady Ji-ah," he started. "But why have you arrived so soon?"