Chapter 6

Currently, the Wind Tribe was in a bit of a pickle.

Somehow, the river had dried up, and many in the Tribe were in a bit of a panic.

"There's no river water!" One of them shouted.

"We're not even in a drought!"

"The river is said to be our source of life!"

"I know that, you cowards." Hak scribbled calculations into the dirt with a stick as Yona crouched down beside him. "I just sent Han-dae downstream to investigate."

"Chief?" Somebody questioned as Hak started chuckling evilly. "What are you doing?"

"We may have to negotiate to buy water if the river continues to be dry," Hak said. "If I calculate the cost of the distance needed to travel and the manpower required..." Everyone sweat dropped at the look on Hak's face. "Keh keh keh... it makes me want to laugh."

"You're calculating finances?" Tae-woo questioned.

"I've heard that my brother protects the princess just for the money. Is that true?" Tae-yeon asked Yona, shocking her before her expression turned to offense and disbelief at Hak's next words.

"What other reason would I have?" he mumbled.

"Ah!" Luckily, they are interrupted before an argument could ensue. "It's the Elder! Elder Mundok has returned!"

Yona and Hak stood up immediately as he came riding towards them with another riderless horse in tow.

"Gramps!"

As Mundok got off the horse, his eyes widened as he saw that both Yona and Hak were indeed safe and sound. Without a second thought, he scooped Yona up into a hug.

"Thank goodness," he said as tears welled up in Yona's eyes. "Thank goodness you were safe just as Princess Ji-ah said you would be. I didn't want to believe it, but the king passed away and you and Hak had to run away from the castle. I'm sorry that I couldn't protect you at that time."

"I can't breathe-" Yona started before she froze. "Ji-ah! You've spoken with Ji-ah?!"

Mundok nodded with a reassuring smile. "She wished for me to tell you that she was alright and that she'd be seeing the both of you soon."

Hak, who had been listening intently, laughed dryly. "There she goes again with those predictions of hers."

Yona nodded along. "Ji-ah's magic is so cool!"

Mundok sweat dropped at the two and how willing they were to accept Ji-ah's words and predictions as the whole hearted truth without even an ounce of skepticism.

The two teens held a lot of faith in the black haired girl, but they had been concerned about her when they had fled the castle. They had no clue as to whether or not she was safe, and they hadn't had the luxury or time to check on her as they were fleeing. They had just been hoping that Soo-won would have left her alone if she was left unaware of the situation.

They would never even entertain the thought that she was on Soo-won's side.

"Wait," Hak came to a realization. "If Ji-ah knows that we're in Fuuga, then does she also know about what happened that night?"

Yona's eyes widened as her fists clenched. If her sister had found out, then there was a chance that she would have had to flee the castle as a fugitive as well.

Mundok sighed. "Most likely, but it seems as though she hasn't let it on to anybody else yet."

Hak nodded. "That's probably for the best. There will be less attention on her that way."