let her go

Let me tell you that being I side of cyberman armour was not pleasant. Far from it actually. It smelt of barbecue. Burnt flesh to put it in a grotesque way. Killing off the three cybermen who were all aiming their guns at the vulnerable human, both Ryan and koshamus ran in utterly confused.
"I dont understand?" Ryan muttered putting his gun down. Reaching up, yaz removed her helmet.
"How about now?" Of course Graham got stuck. Once we were all out and back to normal, I looked at Ryan.
"Where us she?" His face fell slightly as he informed us how the doctor had gone with the master.

All around us was devastation, buildings burning and Ash in the air.
"This is your home?" Yaz looked at me sadly, blinking fast I nod and cleared my throat.
"Yeah, when I lived here it was much prettier." Laughing nervously, we began our trip to the capitol. Walking through the place i used to call home was heartbreaking. The capitol building was in tatters but I managed to find my way to the center. Inside one of the rooms laid the doctor, running to her side I checked for a puls, thankfully there was one. Slowly her eyes opened, meeting mine. Helping her up, her head fell onto my shoulders weakly.
"Are you Okay?" No response, everyone else ran in relieved. Looking up, she squinted.
"Are we having a party?" Laughing slightly, we stood together. Waisting no time, the doctor somehow lead us through to the cyber-ship. Whilst walking down the rusty corridor, we came across a miniaturised version of the lone cyberman, I guess the master had been here already.

She was being very quiet and holding my hand very tightly as she took us into one of the new tardis that were still remaining on Galifrey. The doctor turned to me and smiled once we were on board.
"Go down the corridor into the next room ok? If I'm correct there's confidential Giles that could help us in getting past the master." Smiling at her, I nod and walked off to where I was told. The others looked at her confused as she watched me leave sadly.
"You're lying to her." Ryan scoffed, wondering why she would need to do that.
"Look after her for me." The doctor spoke softly whilst messing with the console. Taking her make-shift bomb, yaz shook her head.
"You can't sacrifice yourself. What about us? What about (y/n)?" Pressing her lips together, the doctor sighed.
"This isn't a discussion yaz. Just please. Don't tell her till you arrive back on earth."
"We're not going to just leave you here-"
"Yes you are." It fell silent, yaz just looking down. Turning away, the doctor left wordlessly. Soon, the tardis took off alerting me so I ran back to the console room.
"Why did we take off? Did she do it?" I asked looking around but she wasn't there. Confused I gazed round at everyone but they all looked guilty.
"What's going on? Where is she?" No response.
"I said where is she?!" Going to yaz , could see the look of sadness she held. Landing with a thud, we all stumbled slightly.
"Where are we?" Heading outside, the last humans were so relived to see earth. Luckily the tardis had cloaked itself as a house so it blended in nicely. Turning back to my friends, I waited for an answer.
"She stayed, someone had to set the bomb off..." Graham mumbled, not making eye contact with me. Lip trembling, I didn't know what to say.
"And you just let her go?!" Ryan sighed at my outburst and rubbed his face in exhaustion.
"We didn't have a choice!" Looking down the gravel below our shoes, I blinked fast in aid of not crying. Yaz quickly took me in her arms, rubbing my back soothingly.
"Koshamus ran out after her...maybe she got away? We can use this tardis to look for her." Sniffling, I nod at the slight bit of hope she gave me.

So we began to search the very next day. Having nowhere else to go, I decided to sleep in the tardis. It wasn't the best but better than nothing. Yaz had offered to let me stay with her but it felt like too much of a bother. It was at times like this I wish I'd gone onto my next year at the academy and learned to pilot a tardis. I needed to find her, to know she was safe.