C H A P T E R 25

ALL SOBER

"Where the hell is John B?" Callie asked getting out of the chateau, discovering everyone was already awake but John B was still missing.

"John B pulling a Houdini," JJ spoke, looking at her.

Pope and Kie had apparently finished setting up the thing to go get the gold in the well so the only thing they were waiting for was John B.

"Speaking of the devil," Callie spoke as John B approached the chateau and without even talking or looking at them, he got in.

Kiara and Callie shared an eye contact, not really knowing what was going on.

They all followed him inside, worried about his sudden anger. "Hey John B"

"John B what's wrong?" Callie asked as he made a mess in the chateau, looking for something. She approached him as he looked near his bed and grabbed JJ's gun that had been hidden.

"What the-" Callie put her hand on his arm to calm him down but he pushed her on the bed. "What's wrong with you?!" she asked getting up.

"John B, bro what do you need the gun for?" JJ asked, following John B as Pope tried to stand in his way so the boy couldn't escape but he pushed him against a table.

Kie rushed towards Pope to make sure he was okay. What the fuck was wrong with him? They hadn't done anything wrong and he was coming back from a fishing session, grabbing the gun and ignoring his friends.

"John B what are you doing?" Pope asked as they all ran behind him, outside. John B got on JJ's bike and looked back at them.

"Ward knows about the gold. And he killed my dad," he shouted before leaving the chateau with JJ's bike.

Everyone stayed here, taken aback, not knowing how to take this information. Callie looked down, taking her face in her hands, as if it could help her dealing with all this.

Then she looked up, noticed all her friends were looking at her so she got in the chateau, grabbed any alcohol bottle she found, blunts and walked to the dock, followed by JJ.

"You shouldn't do-"

"Just leave me alone please, for once," she argued and he grabbed the bottle and the blunts in her hand. She tried to keep it so the bottle fell down and broke, the liquid entirely splashing her and his clothes.

"JJ! My clothes are ruined"

"Well sorry but I don't care about your clothes, and you were gonna get drunk so I like the alcohol better on the floor and on our clothes"

"Leave me alone!" she yelled back and he nodded, walking away, upset and disappointed.

Now she didn't have the alcohol to get drunk anymore, she sat on the edge of the dock and looked at the marsh. She cried, for minutes or hours maybe.

Was Rafe part of it? and did he know?

Because he had seen her crying for a year, moping around Big John's death and he had never told her he knew. So if he did, he was really an ass.

She kept sobbing for what felt like ages, so much she ended up not having tears to cry anymore.

ꕥ ꕥ

Callie went back home in the darkness of the night. She hadn't talked to any of her friends ever since she argued with JJ, but heard them saying they were worried about her, when she came back to the chateau.

She had stayed in John B's room for hours but the amount of calls she had received from Rafe had decided her to come back home.

She got in her house, Cooper and Rafe must have already went to sleep because it was dark, so she just took her shoes off and went in her room.

Rafe was sleeping in her bed, and opened his eyes as he saw her figure in the dark.
She got in the bed and turned on a little bedside lamp so that they could see each other.

She crashed her body against his and sobbed once again, a little. She couldn't explain what was truly making her this sad, but she felt like it was all falling apart, like it was a new beginning.

"Rafe- Rafe did you know?"

"Did I know what baby?" he stroked her hair softly, hugging her tight, still half asleep, the light hurting his eyes.

"Your father, he's a murderer, he killed Big John"

Rafe shook his head, turned off the lights and kissed her forehead. "I don't know what's going on with you, but you're not thinking straight. You must be drunk. You smell like alcohol a lot"

"What?! No! Rafe I'm saying the truth, I just spilled alcohol on my clothes b-" she tried to pull away from his hug but he buried her head on his naked chest even more.

"You smell like alcohol my love, you must be drunk, I'm gonna take well care of you but you need to sleep"

She slapped his arms away and looked at him even though the darkness was partially hiding him from her. "I need you to listen to me, I'm not drunk, I'm only saying the truth. Did you know?"

He stayed silent for a few seconds and sighed. "I don't believe you, he wouldn't hurt anyone. Big John disappeared in sea, it's what happened, now sleep please"

She sighed and turned on the other side, annoyed. "You're annoying sometimes Rafe, really"

He didn't reply so she figured he was sleeping. Damn, why was he so annoying and weird when she needed him to listen?