C H A P T E R 31

NOT SO EASY

She woke up a few hours later, her eyes were very heavy but she managed to keep them open. She looked all around her and saw she was still in Rafe's room. He was staring at her, softly holding her hand. She panicked and looked at him before snapping his hand off her and protecting herself from him by curling up her knees against her chest. "Rafe wh-what did you do to me?" she asked.

"Hey hey you're fine, remember, I said I'd never hurt you, do you trust me?"

She didn't answer so he held her hand and kissed it many times. "Do you trust me?" he asked again and she shrugged as only answer.

"Look, Cal I know it's hard for you t-"

"Rafe, what did you give me?" she cut him off.

"It's called Ketamine, Barry gave me some for free. It's not dangerous for your health my love, I didn't give you a lot. I just wanted you to sleep for a little while"

She took a deep breath as he kept looking at her and she rested her chin on her knees, tears falling down her cheeks. "Why? Why did you want me to sleep?" she asked.

"My dad asked me to, so that we could make sure you would not talk against us"

She sobbed as he looked at her, his heart shattering from seeing the girl he loved crying because of him. How could he? She loved him so much, she had never even planned on telling the truth to the cops. It was never an option and he was the one not trusting her? how selfish.

She got up from his bed slowly and her legs felt very weak. She struggled to stay standing. "You shouldn't get up, you need to stay with me so I can make sure you don't have any side effects"

She didn't listen to him and grabbed her bag, her belongings and opened his room's door. "Wait-wait"

He grabbed her arm and closed the door, pulling her back in his room. "Cal, I just wanted you t-"

"You promised," she cried, pushing him away from her with both of her hands on his chest. "You promised you'd never hurt me! Liar!"

He walked back to her calmly, not wanting to scare her. She sobbed while looking at him, because he was everything she had and he had betrayed her.

"I hate you, you drugged me! I hate you!" she punched her fists against his torso softly, not hurting him but breaking down, crying so much she almost couldn't breathe anymore. "I fucking hate you!"

"Shh my love, please I need you to calm down for me," he pulled her against his chest slowly and hugged her, as she gave up and kept crying in his arms.

"I'm sorry, so sorry," he whispered but she didn't calm down.

She stayed here, in the arms of the man she loved the most on Earth, but also the man who had just hurt her more than she thought he ever could, crying. "I love you so much I never wanted to hurt you"

After a few minutes, she calmed down and pulled away from the hug. He looked down at her and kissed her forehead slowly.

"You know I love you, right?" he said, kissing her forehead again and again.

She didn't reply, awkward of him kissing her as if everything was good. She didn't want his lips on her, she didn't want his arms around her either, but God, she was too tired to fight.

"You know it? right Cal?" he asked again but she avoided him.

"I.. I'm gonna go," she walked away from him, opened the door and looked at him a last time before rushing downstairs.