Chapter 17; Say that you love me

Xavier felt his whole muscles tense as he put on his coat. His whole body pained and protested against any movement but he pushed through it. The last few weeks had him by the neck. Not only was he overworked, he had convinced himself he didn't deserve any rest. Today, he had to meet an important client of his. Owner of the Address Sky View Hotel, downtown. He walked out with his secretary. His eyes were shutting down but he rubbed the exhaustiion away. He loosened his tie as he started to sweat. Alan looked at the side. "Sir, I don't think you feel well. We can schedule the meeting tomorrow" He asked concerned. He was about to tell the driver to turn back when Xavier spoke. "No. Don't need. I'm fine" Alan protested trying to make him agree but Xavier didn't listen. So he shut up. The sweat was starting to build up more but Xavier tried his best to keep his composure. The car stopped and Xavier got out swaying on his feet. He pushed Alan as he tried to steady himself. But his body gave out when he reached the hotel lobby. Blacking out, he fell with a thud on the ground.

Moments before...
On the other side, Sarah also entered the lobby to meet with her client. The lady waved at her as she sat down on the sofa. "Would you like something to eat?" She asked kindly and Sarah spoke "That is a very kind offer but I unfortunately have to say no" she smiled. The area around her looked so luxurious that she was sure that there was no way she could afford it. "Please I insist. Have something" the lady said generously. Even though covered in gold, she seemed very kind and open. "OK then I'll have a drink. A coffee would be nice" She said agreeing. The coffee came and they started to talk business.
"So tell me what theme is in your mind?"

The woman was just about to speak when a voice suddenly sounded. Sarah shook a bit in surprise and looked at the man lying on the floor unconscious. She looked closely and realised that it was none other than Xavier. Without a second to waste, Sarah's feet moved towards the body automatically to make sure Xavier was okay. She knelt down and called out his name. His eyes opened slightly and he smiled. Sarah tried to wake him up. "Xavier" she called and his eyes opened slightly. He smiled. "Sarah.." He spoke and Sarah's eyes instantly watered hearing her name. "I'm here". Alan instantly got to work and asked the hotel to give them a room and arrange them a doctor. He came back to tell them to move and the hotel service helped pick up Xavier. Since he was so heavy it took three people to do the job. Alan looked back at Sarah as she watched him worriedly with tears in her eyes. He approached her to ask her of a favour. "I heard that you are close with him. Can you please help me take care of him.."
Sarah sniffled trying to blink the tears away "I'm not-" she wanted to say that she was not close to him and she didn't know if she had the right but Alan looked at her with hope in his eyes. She couldn't say no. She had to make sure he was okay. She knew that just two days ago she had decided to distance herself but she couldn't ignore him when he was in pain. Not even if she wanted to. She told Alan to wait for her while she talked to her client. He obeyed. "I'm so sorry Mrs Raven. I have an urgent matter to attend to. Can we reschedule?" Sarah looked at her hopefully. She knew that she was risking her contract by saying this but she had to. The woman, understood her situation and smiled knowingly. "Ofcourse. Call me whenever you get the time" She said standing up and Sarah smiled "Thank you so much Mrs Raven. You have no idea the burden you eased for me"
She didn't say anything but tapped on  her shoulder and whispered in her ear
"Just don't let the love walk away. Life doesn't always give second chances."
Sarah surprised watch her back as she strode towards the exit. Before she could dig deeper on the meaning. Alan cleared his throat to get her attention. It seemed he did that alot. They moved together towards the elevator and walked in the room. The door opened to reveal a luxurious suit. Sarah however noticed none of it and moved towards the bedroom to see Xavier lying down. His eyes closed and the doctor sat at sofa. Alan moved towards him and asked him about his condition. "There is nothing to worry about. He passed out from extreme exhaustion. It seems he had been pushing himself for the last few weeks. Today was his breaking point. He needs a lot of rest, a good diet and some medication to recover his energy. " The doctor said and gave names of the said medicines. Alan nodded noting them down. The doctor moved out and Sarah still stood at the same spot. "You can sit down you know.." Alan spoke moving to go sit at the sofa and Sarah sat down on the sofa opposite from him. "So he's gonna be okay right?" "Yeah he'll be fine don't worry" Alan said loosening his tie and taking his glasses off. Sarah looked away awkwardly and Alan smiled a bit. "What?" Sarah asked. He just shook his head and stood up. "Do you want to eat anything?" He said as he dialed room service. "No. But I do want to know what I am supposed to do here" Sarah said. She still didn't think it was appropriate of her to stay in a room with him like this. "What else do you think? To take care of him Ofcourse "
Alan said leaning back on the wall and watching her reaction closely. He decided to call room service later. Sarah looked at the sleeping Xavier and gulped. She spoke, her tone coming out much harsher than she intended. "I don't need to be here. Besides, you are here to make sure he is alright"
"Yes I'm here but he feels at ease when it's you.." Sarah's head snapped to meet him, her jaw tightened.
"Look, I'm just trying to help. Besides, I don't want to force you so if you don't want to stay...you can walk out"
Sarah didn't know how to respond. She wanted to stay but also knew it wasn't right to be here like this. She also thought how no one was there to look after him. With a sigh, she finally made a decision.