six

┌────── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──────┐

DANCE OF THIEVES

└────── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──────┘

───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──────

THOMAS SHELBY FELT GUILTY. He could still see it clearly, the hatred in her eyes as she was forced to leave with Billy Kimber. For the past thirty minutes he had been trying to forget that imagine out of his head but it seemed impossible. The picture of Julie was burned to his mind. He tried it all to forget it and deal with the fact that this was just business.

He looked at his clock, what felt to be for the hundred time, and the seconds seemed to pass even slower.

"I bet he said you could have me, didn't he?" Mrs. Kimber broke the silence but Thomas didn't take his eyes away from the house. They had arrived near Kimber's house with his car. "While he has her. That's the arrangement, isn't it?"

Thomas stayed silent so Mrs. Kimber continued. "Well, yours might be a prostitute but I'm not. I was a milliner when I met him. I was independent. I made this hat. I was a good milliner."

"It's very pretty hat. Really is." Thomas spoke uninterested, his eyes still on the house where Julie was with Mr. Kimber.

"So is she a prostitute?" Mrs. Kimber asked curiously.

"No. No, she's not." He answered shortly.

───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──────

Julie was facing the window and taking deep breaths. At the moment her mind was on Thomas Shelby and how she would kill him. She had known Thomas for months now and during those months it had started to feel like he trusted her. Julie wasn't stupid, she knew that Thomas Shelby didn't trust anyone else but himself.

Julie knew that Thomas Shelby wasn't a good man. She knew that he did bad things and she was also aware that she had helped him to do these bad things. She felt stupid for thinking that he saw her as anything else than a whore. But now she knew how he saw her. He had passed her over like it meant nothing to him.