eleven

┌────── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──────┐

DANCE OF THIEVES

└────── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──────┘

───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──────

THAT MORNING THOMAS SHELBY HAD WOKEN UP EARLY TO INFORM EVERYONE ABOUT THE FAMILY MEETING. This was the black star day and they would be taking over Billy Kimber. The day Tommy had been waiting and at the same time dreading for.

Arthur had been the first person he had gone, then he had informed John and Esme and lastly Polly. Before he continued his day he had gone to Julie and asked her to meet him at the Shelby home.

After Thomas had spent the night at Julie's hiding from the copper and two of them hadn't spoken after it. It seemed like both of them had tried to avoid each other but this was the day the couldn't avoid one another.

The black star day.

It was still early when the Shelby men were headed over Zhang's business to get their suits. When Mr. Zhang spotted Thomas he was comforting a crying girl but soon walked over to Thomas.

"For the suits." Thomas spoke and placed the cash on the table.

Thomas already turned to leave but Mr. Zhang stopped him. "You want to hear something funny?" Thomas walked back to him and waited but Mr. Zhang looked back at the table where the money was. Thomas scoffed and gave him more money. He leaned in and Mr. Zhang whispered him something.

Inspector Campbell was putting his jacket back on when Thomas entered the room. He heard the gun cocking but didn't react. "I am unarmed." he spoke so Thomas put his gun away.

"It's curious, Inspector. I thought you came here to clean up the city. Not to sleep with its whores." Thomas placed his hands in front of his body. "You're no different than any other copper that came before you."

Campbell turned to face him. "I'm no different from those who would follow should I choose to leave."

Thomas shook his head. "Oh, you have no reason to stay. You have what you came for."

"Yes, I have what I came for. I have a meeting with Mr. Churchill at midday. I've no doubt he intends to congratulate me on finding those stolen guns." Campbell started to fix up his suit. "And you still don't know how we found them, don't you?" he sounded smug but Thomas' smile didn't break. "Good."