nine

┌────── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──────┐

DANCE OF THIEVES

└────── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──────┘

───── ⋆⋅☆⋅⋆ ──────

ZHAO JUNLI DIDN'T TRUST GRACE. She knew that Thomas felt something towards the woman and that is why he let her get so close but that didn't change Julie's feelings towards the woman.

For the past couple days she had tried to stay close to the barmaid but she couldn't stay near her all night and day. After a week of following Grace it started to feel pointless. She did nothing else than work and then go straight to her house.

Maybe, just maybe Julie had been wrong about Grace. Maybe she was suspicious of her because she had gotten close with Thomas but that didn't make any sense. Why would Julie care if she was close with Thomas?

Julie knew that Tommy's family blamed him for what had happened to Freddie Thorne. Julie didn't know how to feel about the whole thing. When Polly had told him how the police came for Freddie, Thomas had looked truly shocked. Somehow she knew that it wasn't him. When the police came the house she thought it had been but after following Polly to the Garrison and seeing his reaction, she just knew when looking at him that is hadn't been him.

"Have a drink with me." Thomas didn't ask but ordered. Julie had came to Garrison where Thomas had first asked her to join him in the back room where a office was placed. Julie gave him a look and he sighed. "Would you have a drink with me?" he then asked after noticing that she wasn't making a move closer to him.

Julie then sat down and watched as Thomas poured two glasses of whiskey. "You have been spending a lot more time with me for the past couple weeks." Julie pointed out but kept her attention on the two glasses that were being filled. "So I assume that Ada and Polly are still pissed at you."

Thomas then took a sip from his drink and sat down himself. "And you aren't?"

"Well why would I be? You didn't call the cops for Freddie." she took the glass to her hand but didn't drink from it. 

It had been couple weeks since Freddie's arrest. Ada had locked herself in her apartment with her son and Tommy's whole family was pissed at him. And during those couple weeks it seemed that Thomas sought her attention more. He would ask her to join her for a drink or a cigarette just to spend more time with her. Until this moment two of them hadn't spoken about Freddie and what had happened. 

Thomas darkly chuckled. "You sound sure of yourself."

It was now Julie's turn to laugh. "You aren't as good of an actor as you think you are." she then took a sip from the whiskey. "I think, you know that somebody has to be the bad guy and you happen to be okay with that role because let's face it. Somebody has to do it."