Common Room Cushions

y/n's pov

The walk to the common room gave me time to plan out what I would say to my friends in case they ask. But I myself had questions of my own, why were the silver trio in the same compartment as me, why would Blaise let me sleep on him, and why they were so considerate as to whisper the whole ride? As the thoughts flooded my head and clouded my awareness I was pulled into a hug by none other than the brightest witch of our age.

"Where were you on the train? We couldn't find you, sorry!" Hermoine said releasing me from her warm embrace letting the chilled air pierce my skin. My mouth moved as I had rehearsed "I fell asleep in a compartment without thinking about who was there, sorry I worried you."

 We made our way deeper into the port hole while chatting. The fire was lit and as I made my way into the warmth the fire exuded, calming the nerves that were on edge because of the lie I told to Hermione. As we lower ourselves to sit on the comfortable cushions of the common room the other two of the four walked down the stairs from their dorms. 

***

The conversations we had got more interesting and ridiculous as the night consumed the warmth from everything except the fire, it seemed. At that moment we were wondering if you could use period blood for a blood transfusion, both the boys were blushing Hermione had removed herself from the couches and was pacing "No! You couldn't because the blood wouldn't be oxygenated! Now any other nonsense before we head off to bed?" Moine replied turning to face us, her face flushed, the fire making her seem way redder than she probably is.

the large room fell into silence, eventually, the fire crackled, the only way I could tell that I hadn't gone def in the time between Hermione's outburst to now. "Bed? Honestly, we could stay up a few hours more! No rush." Ron muttered that last bit, Hermoine, having heard the whisper, shouted "'No rush'? We have school tomorrow, a Monday, and we have Transfiguration along with Potions!" she sucked in a breath "If you don't want to fall behind because you stayed up talking about period blood!" her chest rose and fell, then she turned on her heal and swiftly ran up the stairs to the dormitories. "Weeeelllllll then.... goodnight!" I stood up from the warmth of the couch and chased after Mione.