royal

a week later...

it was getting closer to my graduation, and it was fucking my nerves up Alina was due in a couple of months and i know if my graduation came before the baby i was getting deployed out before my first child was even born. i don't know who i was madder at myself or Alina for not telling me sooner i felt like i was at least owed that. and as far as me and ki she wanted nothing to do with a nigga, Alina was giving me the cold shoulder for what i have not the slightest clue. i sat there looking at the ceiling just trying to figure out how i fucked up so damn bad i had a baby on the way me and my child mother haven't said two words to each other despite my efforts to try and talk she was a complete mute.

"Royal dinner time!!" my mama yelled out i rolled my eyes to the back of my head over this dinner already all we did was eat in complete silence almost makes me miss Kiara... and that is saying a lot.

"Coming ma!!"

as i got downstairs i watched as Alina say down in a crop-top and jogging pants her stomach was really showing making me gulp because this was really my life right now i had a kid on the way i grabbed Zuri out of my mom's arms sitting her in the highchair. i tried not to make eye contact with Alina but i knew my mama was going to make us talk why else would she bother to even cook a family meal. i sat there quietly playing with Zuri until my mother sat down and broke the ice and i can honestly say that i was ready for her to.  a couple of minutes passes by before we were saying prayers and eating all u heard was smacking and glass clacking and occasionally, we would hear Zuri little noises.

"So, you two just not going to talk or i got to make yall talk is that what yall waiting on," my mama asked finally breaking the ice

"i have nothing to say," Alina shrugged

"GIRL, YOU HAVE A WHOLE LOT TO SAY TO HIM NOW GET TO TALKING IM TIRED AND IM READY TO GET THIS MILD STONE OUT THE FUCKING WAY..." miracle snapped

"If she doesn't want to talk to me oh well ma. you can't force her to talk like an adult," 

"Boy go to hell" Alina snapped that was the first time ive heard her voice in weeks it still made my heart flutter a little. 

"Alina i don't see why you are mad i have every reason to be pissed at you but yet you are acting like i did something to you." 

"You are leaving for the army that is what you did, and you did it to get away from me didn't you." i could see the tears swell in her eyes it had just dawn on me i did enlist to get away from her. 

"Listen Alina..."

"No need to explain i should have told you about the baby yeah granted but you had already moved on with your life and i knew a baby would have slowed you down. was it the right thing to do no but i still at least thought when you did find out you would be here," she cried "call me selfish you know i know i pushed you away i just didn't think me wanting to keep distance between us would cause you to create such distance between us if that makes sense"?  

"i never thought about it that way," i shrugged 

"Well look it is a lot you two have to talk about if yall need me i will be in the other room putting Zuri to sleep." ma said before grabbing Zuri and leaving out i took this as an opportunity to finally get close to Alina.