13; Getting to know them-Pt 1

Dracko pov

Im walking through the hallways while pansy blathers on(we have an amazing wlw-mlm dynamic). Halfway listening, my ear tunes into nearly-silent lamentation.

Last year, I might've kicked someone when they were down(both figuratively and literally). But now I've changed, and it's time to prove it.

So i ditch pansy withiut a sound. shes too busy thinking about hot girls to botice, but when she does, I can hear her betrayed "bitch" from across the hall.

I dash into the corridpr, bracing myself for what I might see. But i didn't expect the thing I did see.

It was Y/N the hufflepuff. Her being a Hufflepuff always baffled me, seeing how willing she is to step on others to achieve her goals. Her intensified crying, though, is more than enough to convince me now. Y/N's F/C eyes sparkle, anguish coating her sculpted cheeks. If I didn't already know her, i might say she looked like a pure angel.

Shaking that thought out of ny head, i cast a quick Disillusionment charm nefore speaking up. "Hey, are you okay?"

"Who the fuck is there?" screeches Y/N, and just like that, the angelic spell is broken and I recoil.

"I cast a charm so you can't see me. Ptherwise I'd be too scared to approach you."

Y/N giggles and I can't help but think it's kind of endearing. "You don't sound like the type to be scared."

"I'm scared... A lot of the time." I admit.

"I'm scared a lot too." she replies, sniffling and smearing lamentation onto the back of her knuckles in a smooth gesture.

"So... Why were you crying?"

"I like a boy."

I snort at that. "Tell me about it."

"No, that's not all..." she pauses. "I like this boy, and I like this other boy, and I want to date them botha t once."

"Like, cheating, both at once?" I wonder.

"No, no." Y/N shakes her head. "Like, they both know, and they're okay with me dating multiple people. Shitty, huh?"

I take a deep breath. "Y/N, I think you might be polyamorous."

"What?"

"It's okay to like multiple people. You can have nmore than one friend, right?"

"Yeah..." she agrees, but I can tell she doesn't know where I'm going with this.

"And you can have threesomes..."

"When I reach the age of consent."

"So... why can't you love more than one person? You might not seem lke it, but I think you have enough love to go around." I reason.

"Thanks." she whispers, covering her face with her hands. "Wait, what?"

"Uh, nothing."

Y/N smiles, bright like the warmth of a scented candle or a drink that scalds your tongue while you sip it by the fireplace as it snows outside. "I've been trying to woo noth of then for quite some time now, but I'd just realized how stupid the idea of them consenting to me dating multiple people sounded. At least, until you made me feel better."

Her words disarm me, and I accidentally reverse the charm, too flustered to focus.

She lays her F/C eyes upon me, and they widen as her cheeks start to color. Y/N shrinks back. "D-D-D-D-D-D-DRACCCO?"

"Hi, Y/-" I can barelu finish my sentence before she wraps her arms around me.

"Thank you," she whispers, a small uptick of the lips anointing her face.

It feels... nice, and I melt into the touch.

A/N:
Jesus christ this is actually kind of sweet-