✦ chapter two

02.
the chance is that we'd meet and just speak, a million ways
they get just to live and i'm just lucky this is it, plant your feet, take a stand ❜ — lucky love, michael seyer

❛the chance is that we'd meet and just speak, a million ways they get just to live and i'm just lucky this is it, plant your feet, take a stand ❜ — lucky love, michael seyer

ENSEMBLE SQUARE'S PRESIDENT

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

INSIDE THE CAR, both of your parents became occupied talking to one another as you looked what was inside your supposedly called work tote bag. Your lunch was pushed to the side. Your laptop, two thin binders, a [f/c] planner, cute pencil case, wallet, and a charger all organized in their proper sections. After checking those, you examine your work ID. In your humble opinion, you looks moderately less average in this place. Other than that, you're sure you might need much more essentials. Though, theres nothing to worry about if this was all just a lucid dream. There was something else in her bag. You peeked in further with her hand until you took out a small stuffed bear.

"I put that in there for you!" Vinny suddenly pressed himself on your side, throwing his arms around your midsection. He's a clingy brother, you thought. "Did you now?" You analyze the stuffed bear. It's the size of your palm and squeezable like a stress toy. Taffy ears and tails, beige tummy and rosy cheeks guided it a comforting companion.
"Than you." You mustered a kind smile at vinny, who in return pressed his cheek against yours.

"We're almost there. Shouldn't you call that producer by now, F/n?" Your mother demanded, "what was her name?" she rubbed her chin inquiringly as your father stopped at a red light. You perked up, eyes widening. "Anzu...?" You were sure Anzu's the one, like her sole name meant the key of success.

"Yes, her!" Your mother snapped her fingers. You were quick to take out your phone from your bag. Your brother sat back down patiently with his dolly smile.

You came to a halt after opening your contacts. All your contacts were changed. not even Lilic's number was there. Neither Dean's or Sunniva's, nor any of your other friends. Since it's your dream, anything could happen the way you wanted it too, right? Therefore, you close your eyes and imagined your best friend to be present when you arrive at Ensemble Square.

"F/n, don't fall asleep now." Your father sighed, turning the car to the right. You opened her eyes. The corners of her lips lifted in a twitch. You think you might be getting impatient for everything to unfold. "I wasn't going to fall asleep." you defensively said.

"Come on, call Anzu!" Vinny shook your arm. You wasted no more time on that. You pressed on Anzu's contact and put your phone to your ear. You looked to the side out the window.

Saison Avenue in its finest. A peaceful morning shining through. It looked more beautiful than you last remember. You could see people in stores as the car passed, eating and shopping. Little kids with balloons running around the street with their parents walking behind them. Soon, you alarmingly cleared your throat the moment you heard a calming voice from the other side of the phone.