✧ chapter thirty

30.
oh, what can i do? life is beautiful, but you don't have a clue
sun and ocean blue, their magnificence, it don't make sense to you ❜ — black beauty, lana del rey

❛ oh, what can i do? life is beautiful, but you don't have a cluesun and ocean blue, their magnificence, it don't make sense to you ❜ — black beauty, lana del rey

BLACKMAIL
▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃
tw//mentions of blood

A TASTE OF STUPIDITY withers on you for blowing up Lilic's phone with calls and messages to talk things out. You're met with no response, and it only sulks your mood in the morning at work. In Cosmic productions, where you've been working more ever since Crazy:B has been accepted into the next major project, and right now, it's one of the greatest factors motivating you through the hectic life.

"L/n, are you sure you're okay?" Hirata asks as you type away at your laptop. The conference area of Cosmic productions is induced with the aura of stoicism as always, and if you're caught slacking, you'd be humiliated again.

"I am..!" You insist, "I can't let anyone distract me when we've got a huge project on the way. We worked too hard to get here."

"But they called you in so early after what happened to you yesterday." Hirata frowns. He's sitting across from you in the Cospro conference area with his own laptop and papers. "This meeting is so last minute—"

"It's okay, Hirata. I promise.." You look up at the man, hands traveling to the sides of your laptop, and a wary smile appears on you. Only certain groups are informed about Lilic's departure and elimination from Ensemble Square. Some part of you feels responsible for the irritation it brought to some of her colleagues in the film studios, but you refrain from making it about your apologies and respect.

"Have you heard anything from Fukui yet?" You ask to change the subject. Hirata checks his phone worriedly before shaking his head. "Nope. She should have called in sick already, if she was..but that girl has a strong immune system. Did something happen?"

"Let's hope it's nothing." You sigh, placing your laptop on the table. "We can go check her apartment on our break."

"Let's do that—"

"Ah, good. You two are already here."

You and Hirata straighten up at the lightly cadence. Eichi is smiling down at you and Ibara has also arrived. "Tenshouin, Saegusa. Good morning." You're stunned to see them together, along with two other figures who are making their way to the conference area.

"Good morning, you two." Ibara takes a seat next to you whilst Eichi gestures a hand behind him.

"L/n, I want you to meet two of our finest businessmen, who were also idols in their youth." Once those words left the president's mouth, you hold in a gasp and perk up expectantly. Eichi steps out of the way and introduces the long-awaited presences you've been curious about for a while.