Trust No One

Marina's POV

Lizzy kept staring at me, frowning and with her face red from crying.

"Liz..." I began to look for words to explain what was happening but I couldn't find them. Maybe was the alcohol or maybe Lizzy's glare made me froze.

"Look, Marina" she interrupted my thoughts before I could build a sentence "I don't wanna hear anything about this but Francesco is here and if he see you, it won't end up well."

The mention of his name made rage and jealousy mix inside of me.

"Oh, of course it won't end up well, you're with him again-"

"WILL YOU SHUT UP AND COME HERE??" I looked back at Ellie thinking about telling her I was going somewhere else but I saw her passed out on the couch. Lizzy grabbed my wrist forcefully and pulled me into one of the multiple rooms of the house.

When we were inside of the room, Lizzy locked the door and I sat on the bed, running my finger through my hair. We stayed in silence for a minute as I stared at the ground trying to keep my cool. It was useless.

"YOU CHEATED ON ME, YOU BLOODY CHEATED ON ME WHEN I THOUGHT I FOUND TRUE LOVE. DO YOU THINK YOU JUST CAN GO AND PLAY YOUR LITTLE GAMES WITH MY EMOTIONS?? IS THIS YOUR IDEA OF FUN??" I got up and was yelling at her, I'm lucky that the music outside was way too loud for someone hear us. Mascara was running down her eyes.

"STOP, STOP!! ITS NOTHING LIKE THAT, I LOVE YOU, YOU SHOULD KNOW THAT, DON'T BLAME ME, LET ME EXPLAIN EVERYTHING" She screamed back, seemed to be affected by my words like at anytime she would have a heart attack and just die in front of me.

My breathing was heavy, I felt like my heart was beating so fast that I could hear it. I walked forwards her looking straight at her face.

"Explain? Explain what??" I tried to say that in a calm tone, since I saw that her state was way too worse than mine and if she's lying, in fact the TV programs are losing a good actress.

"F-Francesco," I groaned at the sound of his name leaving her lips. "he was there when I went to the bathroom on the restaurant but I didn't know, he pulled me into the bathroom and when you went to check if I was okay he forced himself on me and you saw... He's saying that if I don't pretend that I'm with him... he'll tell everybody what I did in the past..." Her bottom lip was trembling and she was trying hard to hold the tears.

I couldn't believe in what she was telling me. This man is really a monster.

I embraced her telling that everything will be alright until I heard someone trying to open the door.

"Lanaaa?? Are you here babe??" It was him.

Lizzy was shaking in my arms and I didn't know what to do too. What is it that he will tell everybody?

"Lanaaa, I know you're there, open the door for mee" He was a drunk mess.

"Lana you bitch, open that goddamn door" He began to sound pissed and punch the door. I need to protect her.

"Okay, if you want it in the hard way" He kicked the door lock and it busted open before we could hide.

"Look at what I got here," his voice get me disgusted "you know what? We should have a threesome and everyone will be happy, what do you think??" He tried to joke after he closed the door, without locking since he broke the locker with a kick.

"No, thanks, I don't wanna get any STD from you." I said and Lizzy hide herself behind of me.

His sick smile fade away after a while. "Who invited you here anyways? I didn't need another bitch here." He said walking towards us.

"STAY AWAY" I warned him, pulling Lizzy as far of him as possible, which was on the bed.

I faced him again and he was examining me, trying to find a weak spot.

"If you're trying to work your sickness on me, I'm afraid this is not possible even for a monster like you. You see what you did to her?? She's innocent and you're trying to keep what you think it's fame from her pain" I said with the tone in my voice becoming louder as the music that was playing outside the room.

"INNOCENT??" He shouted and then he let out a forced laugh "you gotta be kidding me. This woman, sitting on the bed pretending to be weak is a killer."

Killer.

What is he talking about?