|10

It was three days to 2021/2022 NECO examination and the students couldn't care less, they were either engaging in romantic activities, plotting each other's down fall or just didnt care.

Anjola got home to her mother fully dressed rather than her normal home gowns.

"Are you going somewhere?" She asked placing her book bag in the couch.

"Anjola! Thank God, you're back! go and get dressed you're following me some-" Mrs Balogun said before getting interrupted by Ayo's call.

Ayo was Anjola's older sister.

"This girl" her mother mumbled before running off.

Go where? bo ya this woman wants to kidnap me.

She thought laughing silently at her thought.

Anjola picked up her bag and walked to her room she got ready casually cause she had no idea where she was going and her mother looked casually dressed.

"I'm ready!" she screamed running down the stairs with her phone on one hand.

"Pele o, beans" Ayo said getting up from her seat.

"Why are you na looking fine?" Anjola asked staring at her.

"Cause I'm just finer" Ayo saud flipping her hair.

"But I'm smarter" Anjola murmured walking away.

The three females got into the car. Mrs Balogun began to pray for a safe journey, this was a normal behavior the family had picked up from their husband.

"Amen" they all chorused.

"My friend is strong so we are going to pay her a visit" Mrs Balogun said looking at the attentive Anjola who just nodded in understanding.

The three knew Ayo wasn't going to the friend's house but choir practice. Due to the large amount of church members, choir practice is done twice a week; Tuesday and Saturday.

Anjola's POV.

Thirty minutes into the trip I looked up from my phone and observed my surroundings, I knew exactly where we where, but couldn't tell the exact friend my mother was going to.

She made another turn, leading well pronounced estate sign "Joy estate". This was one estate I could identify with my eyes closed. This was Dapo's estate.

I screamed in my head and leaned forwards tapping my mother's right shoulder.

"Mummy, are we going to see Mrs. Akinlade?" I asked with happiness in my tone.

"Yes, she's down with malaria and her husband is with your father wherever" my mother explained not sparing me a look. I was too excited to really care, I got self aware and looked down at my outfit. I had a pair of black jeans below a nude coloured sleeveless which I had a brown baggy jacket in that complimented the brown sandal I had on.

"Oh, okay" I said sitting back. I am going to see Dapo!

We stopped at the big white gate with cross designs on them, my mum began blaring the horn until the gate eventually opened.

We drove in and I subconsciously looked back to see the person who opened the gate and it was him; DAPO!

We pulled up behind one if the cars parked and got down.