KISS

Jace's point of view-
(current time)

I don't even know how. I never do this, i only met her two days ago. But i'm so fucking drawn to her, and i don't even know why?

I sigh, attempting to get the thoughts out of my head, and watch as she gets into her car. Once she got in, i pulled out of the driveway and left the neighborhood.

I'm assuming since it's a Saturday mom will actually be home for once, so i guess that's good. But Leo did mention he wanted to come over. Last time i saw him was at school.

I finally get home and pull into the driveway, turning off my car and getting out. Mom's car is home. I walk inside the house, and put my keys on the little table next to the door. I kick off my shoes and walk over to the living room, laying down on the couch and going on my phone.

"you home hun?" moms voice called from the kitchen. I get off the couch and start walking over to the kitchen.

"yup" i say, sitting on the barstool and watching my mom drop some spaghetti into boiling water.

"thought i would make your favorite for lunch" she smiles, then turns the heat up.

"Is it ok if Leo comes over later?" i ask.

"Of course hun" she says, watching the noodles slowly sink into the water.

•••

After a little bit, Leo ended coming over and eating with us. We are just chilling in my room now, but a bunch of our friends told us to meet up now.

I throw on a black shirt and keep my regular pants on. I slide on my converse and my rings. Leo slides on his shirt and we go downstairs.

"where you boys off to?" my mom says from the living room, i grab my skateboard along with Leo.

"hanging out with some friends" i reply, and open the door. we both walk out, then throw our boards down and start skating down the road.

•••

After a while, we finally get to the parking lot where everyone was. it was kind of in the middle of nowhere, which is probably why they have joints lit.

"there they are" a few people say, we walk up and greet all of them, and crack open some drinks.

We ended up talking for about an hour, and a random car pulled up.

"oh there they are" Leo says with a smile, walking over to the car. Everyone looks over, confused.

The doors open and Riley steps out with Elizabeth. jesus christ. I swear to god it's like i can't escape her and i've only known her two days.

My attention goes back to the dude handing me a blunt, i take it and put it to my lips, taking a drag.

"ok so there is something i actually wanted to tell you guys" Leo says and wraps his arm around Riley, Elizabeth standing awkwardly to the side.

"Me and Riley have made it official after a year of seeing each other" He smiles, and they kiss.

"get a room" someone random in the group says, making us all laugh. Elizabeth awkwardly scoots over and sits next to me.

"sorry, your the only person i know here. she made me come" she whispers, then rolls her eyes about Riley.

"It's fine" i shrug. I don't even think she knows how much i already enjoy her being here. I hold the blunt to my lips again and take another long drag.

"could i take a drag?" i hear Elizabeth's voice say softly from my side, i hand it to her and watch as she takes a drag and closes her eyes. noticing how every time she takes a drag, her shoulders relax.

She blows out the smoke, then hands it back to me. I press it back to my lips, and i can taste her cherry chapstick on it.

I take another drag, and i can finally feel the feeling of floating. I look around, but the only person i can clearly see is Elizabeth.

I hand the blunt back to her, then just sit there.

I wonder if she likes me like i like her?
I'm not sure, but she is definitely staring at me right now.
Maybe she thinks i'm attractive?
I think she wants me to kiss her.

I lean down, and press my lips to hers. I immediately notice how soft her lips are. She kisses back for a second, but then she pulls away. The second her lips leave mine, i can feel my high drift away. Everyone is looking over at us, and she is looking at me in shock.

"Shit, sorry" i mumble, then get up and quickly grab my skateboard. i know they are all watching me, probably confused ass hell.

I quickly walk back to the road, drop the skateboard down, and start skating away.

•••

"fucking idiot" i grumble to myself, as i walk up the stairs and into my room, slamming the door behind me. I go over to my bed and sit down, huffing. why did i have to be fucking dumb. i knew she didn't feel the same.

"Jace, are you ok? where's Leo?" i can hear my moms voice say softly on the other side of the door.

"I'm fine mom" i grumble, and shove my face into my pillow. I dont even know when or if Leo is going to come back. even if he does he will probably question me.

This night went to shit so fast, and it's all my fault. she probably thinks i'm a weirdo now.

I sigh, knowing that she probably hates me now.