NOVA

Jace's point of view-
(Current time)

Adam sat back on the couch with my mom, and I am still sitting next to Elizabeth, holding her hand.

The doctors were taking a bit to get all the stuff ready but after about ten minutes, they all walked over to Elizabeth's bed.

"Ok, all your going to have to do is push when I instruct you. Are you going to want an epidural?" The doctor asks Elizabeth.

"No thank you" Elizabeth says, laying her head back on the pillow.

I watch as the doctor puts on new gloves and the mid wife's behind her start to get ready.

"Ok your going to have to open your legs" The doctor instructs her and she listens, letting out a groan.

"Okay, your going to have to push on my count, ready?" the doctor ask, and Elizabeth nods.

"Push" The doctor instructs her, and she listens. She pushes for a few seconds with more groans of pain, clutching onto my hand and the side of the bed.

"That's good, just a few more and you will be all done Elizabeth"

"Push again, this time longer" She says, and Elizabeth pushes again. This time tears start to fall down her cheeks. I push the hair out of her face and give her a kiss on the forehead.

"Ok, I can slightly see the head" The doctor says.

"I can hardly breath" Elizabeth cries out, and my eyebrows furrow in worry.

"It's normal, just take a second" The doctor says, and one of the midwife's brings another cold rag over and lays it on Elizabeth's forehead.

"Ok I think we will need about four more" The doctor says, Elizabeth is still crying.

"Push" She tells her and Elizabeth pushed once again, her hand squeezing mine so tight that it feels like the blood circulation might cut off.

"God- I can't" Elizabeth cries and lifts her head from the pillow.

"I have the shoulders, we just need three more big pushes and you will be all done." The doctor calmly states, and Elizabeth nods with a sigh.

"You got it baby" I say, and her teary eyes meet mine and she gives another nod.

"Ok we need a big push, Elizabeth."

Elizabeth sat there for a second, shutting her eyes, then pushing again. She was visibly tired, and I feel bad.

"Keep going, we just need the legs." The doctor says, and Elizabeth takes a deep breath then pushes once again.

I don't know what shocks me more, The baby cries that fill the room, or Elizabeth's head slumping back.

•••

It has been nearly an hour since Elizabeth gave birth, the doctors are still doing basic stuff with the baby, but she did tell me that they will bring her in soon.

I nearly panicked when Elizabeth had passed out, but the doctor told me it is normal and she was just sleeping. She should be up soon though.

Adam, My mom, and me are all just chatting. They are still over on the couch. The doctors should be in here in about five minutes, so I decide that I should probably wake Elizabeth up.

I gently shake her shoulder until she stirs, and opens her eyes.

"Angel, they are gonna bring her in soon" I say placing a kiss on her forehead, she nods and takes a sip of her water that sits on the table next to her.

Elizabeth joins in on our little conversation, and the door slowly opens. One of the midwife's walks in, with the baby in her arms.

She walks over to Elizabeth and hands the baby to her, and Elizabeth immediately starts crying.

I lean over and look at the baby, immediately smiling. She is so cute, she looks just like Elizabeth.

"Ok, do we have a name for her?" The midwife asks, grabbing a birth certificate and looking over at us, i just look over at Elizabeth's. She said she has a name planned.

"I was thinking... Nova." she says, then looks to me. I nod with a smile.

"Ok, Nova. Can I get a middle name and a last?" The midwife asks.

"Yes, the middle name is Maline. The last name is Aldine." Elizabeth tells her and the Midwife writes it down.

"Thank you guys, we will get the foot prints in a bit" The midwife smiles and walks out the door. And my mom immediately walks over and takes a picture of me and Elizabeth and Nova, making us laugh a bit.

I look at the Nova again, the name fits her perfectly. She is sleeping in Elizabeth's arms. I already can't wait to take her home.

"Do you want to hold her?" Elizabeth asks, and I nod. She hands me Nova and I cradle her to my chest, looking down at her.

Now there is only one more thing I have to do to make our family official.