Chapter 10: The Talk

I don't wanna talk about it.

-TheGoodPlatter

MC's POV:

Well I'm an idiot, aren't I? God, one of these days I-

Monika: MC?

I turn my head to meet Monika's gaze. She's looking at me even more, more concerned than before. It's as though she can read my every thought, my every impulse. Hopefully, she can read that I really don't want to do this.

Monika: I'm here. Let's talk about this.

Damn.

MC: Well the thing is- I- well-

Monika: Shh. it's ok. Come with me

She pulls my arm, gently nudging me in the direction of the living room. As she sits me down on the couch, I feel uneasy. But, I can't explain it. Something about this feels familiar. In front of me, there is a coffee table, ironically sitting in the middle of the room. Monika pulls up a chair and sits right in front of me. Once again, something about this scene feels... familiar.

Monika sits down and rests her chin on her hands. She's looking straight at me with a stern and determined look in her eyes. This contrasts the familiar feeling. The atmosphere is heavy. I break out into a cold sweat. Monika says... nothing. She's just looking at me, and it seems the room is darkening around us. The world outside seems to be crumbling, shattered. It then dawns on me that it is absolutely quiet. The Christmas music in the background seems to have faded out.

Monika: MC...

Monika's voice rings out in my head. It's loud. It's as if her voice echoes throughout the empty house. In fact, it feels as though her voice could be heard by the entire world. If it weren't for the fact that it felt like the whole world was just this room. That reality as we know it has been altered, twisted... and shaped. Into this... nothingness.

Monika: MC, let's talk.