Chapter 9: New Beginnings

MC's POV:

I walk towards the kitchen, and as Monika said, there's a kettle of tea waiting for me on the stove. Not quite sure what kind of tea she made me, but tea is tea. I hardly ever take any out of the cabinet. In fact, I can't remember the last time I-

Oh.... wait, I remember now. It was the day that Yuri had come over to my house to prepare for the fair. The day accidentally cut myself with her knife. That was just a few days before...

No...

I can't think about that now, I saved her. I saved all of them. But... I can't seem to forget what had happened. Who could have. One by one, my friends fell. And everything was silent. I can still see Monika's broken expression the day I let her go. Why couldn't I have helped her? Why is it so difficult to forget? I-

Monika: MC?

What? I turn my head and my eyes fixed on Monika. She stared at me with a concerned look. Oh jeez.

Monika: MC... are you alright, you seem lost in thought. But you look so...

Monika a step closer to me and places her hand on my cheek.

Monika: Distraught. Is everything okay?

I turn my gaze to the cup of tea. It's overflowing. I really was lost in thought. I don't want Monika to worry.

MC: Y-yeah! I'm fine, I was just thinking about some stuff. And I kind of zoned out.

Monika: Are you sure? You look pained, as if you were scared of something...

Am I really being that obvious? God, I'm bad at this...

MC: Yeah... I promise I'm alright. I was just thinking of how my grades are going to turn out after finals. I hope I got a good score.

I feel bad for lying to Monika, but I don't want her to feel worried for my sake. I look at her, she still looks a bit concerned. I take her hand.

MC: Monika... I promise I'm alright, I just got lost in thought is all. I promise.

Monika looks at our hands, then back at me, this time staring right into my eyes. But I give her a reassuring smile. Please, I don't want her to worry... 

Just then, Monika smiles back at me, and walks towards me to embrace me. Her hands wrapped around my neck. I return the embrace.

Monika: Ok MC. I believe you. And I know that you would never want me to worry, but... please...

MC: Yeah?

Monika looks straight into my eyes, her arms still wrapped around me.

Monika: Please let me know if anything is troubling you... I don't ever want you to feel lost or worried. You've helped through so much, now let me do the same for you.

Monika is being so sincere... I guess she really does care about me. I think it would be best if I were to tell her everything that I'm thinking about. But not now, maybe some other time.

MC: You know what Monika... you're right. There is something that's been bothering me... 

GOD WHY DID I SAY THAT?!

MC: B-but I don't want to talk about that now, I just got you back, and right now, all I wanna do is spend time with you...

Oh my lord...

Hey peeps, it's ya boy! Hope you enjoyed this chapter. Sorry for it being super short, though. BUT, Thanksgiving break is next week for me, so I should have more time to work on this story. Thanks again for waiting for me. I really do appreciate it, and I will try my best to get more chapters out for y'all.

-TheGoodPlatter