Chapter 4- Walking in A Winter Wonderland

I freeze. Two years?! I can't believe it. I move closer to MC to where we're bundled together tightly. Now I know, he must have suffered so much, trying to bring me back.

Monika: T-two years? I-I can't believe it. I'm so sorry MC! I can't believe that I was gone for so long!

MC's POV:

Monika's right. I did suffer so much. I did everything I could in that amount of time. But all of my efforts were for nothing and I eventually just gave up. That is until I tried again today.

MC: Monika... I don't want to upset you, but unfortunately you are right. I did suffer so much without. Everyday, I cried and regretted what I had done. While the others had moved on from that event, I couldn't. Everyday, I told myself that I should've accepted your feelings.

Monika: MC...

I look at Monika. It looks like she's going to cry again. We stare at each other for a long time until I decide to break the ice.

MC: Monika...

Monika: Yes?

MC: We shouldn't worry about that now. You know why?

Monika: W-why? Why MC? How can you tell me that you suffered so much, but still smile and tell me not to worry?

MC:...

Monika: Hearing what you have to say about this is more painful than what I assumed. You make me smile when I need to, comfort me when I need comfort, overall, you were waiting for me. You could've been with one of the other girls, Sayori, Natsuki, or Yuri. But, you chose to wait... for me.

MC: You are the only one right for me Monika. You've loved me for so long, but I was too blind. I spent all that time cowering for the fear of you not feeling the same. But... you do. I love you so much, and now, we can live together peacefully. We have nothing to fear. I'll always be by your side. I know this sounds cheesy, but-

Monika: MC! I fucking love you so much! Thank you so much for being my boyfriend! Thank you... for promising to stay by my side. Thank you for being my light when I was in darkness. Thank you so much. So very much.

I look at Monika. She's cuddling against me so tightly. I wrap my arm around her shoulder and lean back on the sofa. She rests her head on my chest and I rest mine on her head, gently though.

MC: I love you too, Monika.

Monika looks up and our faces move closer and closer to each other until we end with a passionate kiss. When we part, Monika rests her head on my shoulder and cuddles close to me. I put my arm back to where it originally was on her shoulder and start playing some Christmas music. We remain like this for about half an hour, listening to Christmas songs and cuddling with each other, until Monika says something to me.

Monika: MC?

MC: Yeah?

Monika: I want to go home and change real quick. I've been in this uniform for quite some time now. I will be back though.

MC: Y-yeah! Sure, no problem!

I let go of Monika and she stands up, I can't blame her. If I was stuck in a dark abyss for two years, I'd want to freshen up as well.

Monika: umm, w-will you walk with me?

MC: Yeah, of course.

Monika: Thank you. You're really sweet.

I chuckle, as I blush and scratch the back of my head. I know I should be more comfortable being her boyfriend and everything, but, I can't help the way she makes me feel sometimes. I go upstairs and quickly brush my teeth and change my clothes. I realize that Monika doesn't have anything warm to wear, so I grab her a green jacket that I own and a scarf. I go downstairs and Monika is waiting by the door.

MC: Hey Monika, I brought you a jacket and a scarf. I don't want you getting cold.

The jacket is rather skinny and is unisex. It's one of those fur hood jackets, so I figured it would keep her warm while being stylish. What am I saying? What do I know about fashion? Is this one of the attributes that come with being a boyfriend? The need to buy/provide his girlfriend with everything to make her happy?

Monika: Thank you, MC. I'll grab my own jacket when we get to my house and return this one to you.

MC: It's alright Monika, you can keep that jacket. It doesn't fit me anyway and you look very nice in it.

Monika: You sure?

MC: Sure I'm sure!

Monika lets out a cute giggle.

Monika: Okay then! Let's go!

MC: Right!

The walk to Monika's is rather pleasant. We talk and I crack jokes. I make her laugh as I slip and slide on ice hidden under layers of snow. The snow creates a magical scene as we walk towards her house. She is holding on to my arm as we walk, adding a bit of romance to the atmosphere.

Monika: It's crazy. It feels like nothing has changed over the last two years.

MC: You'd be surprised when I tell you all the stuff that's happened.

I tell Monika all of things that have happened while she was gone. I tell her about Natsuki and Yuri's relationship and how Sayori is coping with her depression quite well.

MC: She's found a therapist and she's going to him every Saturday. I am happy that she is dealing with it in a mature way.

Monika: I am so happy for her. And I'm happy to hear about Natsuki and Yuri's relationship. I knew that they would be cute together, but I never thought that they would actually get together. How did that happen?

MC: It was at Sayori's house for a sleepover and we were playing twister. Natsuki and Yuri were tangled so much that Natsuki fell on top of Yuri. They stared at each other until Natsuki said something out of the blue.

-Flashback-

Sayori: Oh my gosh, are you guys okay?

Natsuki and Yuri say nothing. It's a few seconds before Natsuki says something.

Natsuki: I can't take this anymore.

Yuri: Me neither.

Suddenly, Natsuki and Yuri are kissing. Yuri is stroking Natsuki's back and Natsuki has her arms wrapped around Yuri's neck. Sayori and I are in so much shock, our jaws are dropped.

Finally, they stop kissing and stand back up. They are both blushing and holding hands. But they are smiling, and that makes me smile too.

Sayori: AWWWWWW! You two are so cute.

Natsuki: Sh-Shut up!

Sayori: ehehehe~

The rest of the night, they are spending time with each other and displaying their affection by cuddling and flirting. I will admit, they are cute together.

-Flashback ends-

When I finish telling Monika the story. She bursts out laughing. I laugh with her.

Monika: Oh. My. GOSH! That is so adorable. They look totally cute together!

MC: Yeah they do. It was like that the entire time.

Monika laughs some more at this statement. Damn, I love it when she's happy like this.

We walk for a few more minutes until we reach Monika's house. When we get there, Monika freezes. She is trembling.

Monika: My parents must have been worried sick about me. I'm scared, MC. I don't know how they'll react. I've been gone for two years. What will they say?

Author's Note: Hey guys! This chapter was slightly longer today, so I hope you enjoyed it. I know I said all those things about being overwhelmed with school. But so far this week, I've been caught up! Please don't hate me >_<! Other than that, I have more time today to work on more chapters. So expect more on the way!

TheGoodPlatter