Chapter 2: Stay with me

Chapter 2- Stay with me

I type in the code to restore Monika's file and plug it in.

I wait for a few minutes, and then, I see something. I see light starting from above and make its way to the floor. I jump back and fall on the floor. I can't believe what I'm seeing, it's Monika! When her body is restored, she falls to the ground. I rush to her body and hold it close. She's still in her school uniform. Slowly, her eyes begin to open.

Monika: mmh-

MC: M-Monika?

Monika: MC?

MC: Monika! I-I can't believe it! You're alive!

I hold Monika close. I am bawling at this point. I can feel Monika's tears fall onto my shirt, just like they did so long ago. I stroke her back in consolation to her tears. I can feel her arms wrap around my neck, while holding my head with her hand. Her breath is shaky. As I try to find the right words to say in this situation, but, that's not not necessarily a bad thing. I can feel Monika's heartbeat beating in her chest. It's so powerful and comforting. She slides down, where she rests her head on my chest and her hand on my heart. I can hear the quiet sobs as she breathes. If only I could stay like this forever.

Monika's POV:

I love this. Being in MC's arms. I can feel his slow breathing hit me, but it seems like the tears have stopped. It is such a nice feeling of consolation. I was stuck in darkness for so long. Nobody was around me and nothing had existed. I cried, regretting everything that I had done. But I was brought back to life. MC had brought me back? Why? Why would he do that? In spite of everything I had done to him, he still holds me close and comforts me. We remain like this for a couple more minutes until he let's me go. He stands up and offers me his hand. I take it.

MC: I missed you, so much...

Monika: ... I missed you as well. But... why? Why did you bring me back? I did all of those horrible things to our friends. I-I just... please... why didn't you just leave me there? I deserve that punishment. I deserve to be alone. I don't deserve... you...

MC: ...

MC's POV:

I sit with Monika in silence. I have no idea what to say. As she says this, all of the memories of that day begin to fill my thoughts. I do remember the death of all our friends, watching them die, one by one. I know it was Monika that did this. But this is my fault as well. If only I had noticed the way she felt about me, or if I had confessed to her sooner. She wouldn't have done those things. In the end, I am the one that caused her obsession and hatred towards the other girls.

I stay silent for a few more minutes. Monika's emerald green eyes stare into my hazel ones as they glisten in the light from the window. Her eyes are welling up with tears and her breathing is slow and shaky. Then I finally say something.

MC: Monika... I don't hate you.

Authors Note: Hey everyone! Sorry for the short chapter today. I'm just busy with school work and trying to get everything done, I didn't have enough time for a longer chapter like last time ;_;. But I will try my best to get a longer one in next time!

Lot's of Love,

TheGoodPlatter