✦ chapter three

03.
i'll be one of those people you remember, they'll be looking at
us when were together, i'll be a mannequin you can dismember,
you don't like my clothes, but you still like my smile ❜ — scrawny, wallows.

❛i'll be one of those people you remember, they'll be looking at us when were together, i'll be a mannequin you can dismember, you don't like my clothes, but you still like my smile ❜ — scrawny,  wallows

AWE-STRUCK
▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

THE VARIETY OF BUTTONS in the working station is surreal. It looked too real to be working that your breath was taken away. The lights flashing across the audience and the stage before them showed off its magnificent show as four idols scattered in the stage. Even from the other side of the glass, overwhelming cheers of the audience could still be be heard. Your eyes wandered all over the venue. To the teenage girls in the crowd to the sparkling stage decorated with lights of ambitiousness.

"F/n, are you listening?" Anzu's voice interrupted your trance. You shook your head and closed her agape mouth. Anzu looked at you with a strict look in her eyes as she controlled the work station. "Of course i am." You nodded with a thumps up. Except, you still managed to tune out the small things Anzu had said after that. Because your eyes were on the boy on the stage singing oh so passionately. Nothing could prepare you to see the other units sing on that huge stage with fans cheering them on shamelessly.

For some reason, it gave you a feeling of melancholia. Maybe you began to feel sentimental of how the moment was filled with utmost ebullience, thanks to Trickstar and Anzu's skills.

"Anzu...this is amazing! This is like a dream come true!" You beamed after the show was done. From here, you could see Hokuto glance up to where you were. The moment you made eye contact, there was a fierce spark inside your heart. In your defense, lt natural after making eye contact with a good looking idol.

"A dream come true?" Anzu hummed.

"Yeah! Believe me, this is the best thing that could have ever happened to me." It all felt so real to her that as cringy as that might be, she did not care anymore. If life gave her this chance to witness grand idols sing on stage until boredom tore her apart from it, then she'll take this opportunity gladly without an ounce of logic.

"Hehe, that's the spirit we're looking for. You'll fit right in, f/n."

There was no way for you to prepare meeting the first unit in this lucid dream. Anzu walked besides you to the dressing room of Trickstar. Sometimes you wonder your own sanity and how possibly you could be sane during a moment like this one. You gripped onto your bag as the closer you got to the dressing room. You would have thought that they would, at least, have taken her somewhere to secure her bag first before this all started.

"Come on! Do you think the new producer was amazed by our sparkling performance?"

You sucked in a breath, hands twitching. Anzu stiffened a laugh. At this point, it began to seem like you were a huge fan of these idols heading to the VIP section, rather than a new producer ready to drown herself in projects. Subaru stormed out the dressing room in his casual attire. Makoto followed after, then Hokuto with a sigh, and lastly, Mao walked out with his hands in his pockets.