Chapter 1: "Now I Get to See That Smile"

RING! RIIIIINNNNGG! After what felt like an eternity of waiting, which only happened to be 4 rings, Alex answered. He turned on his video camera and I did too, shortly after. When we met on Omegle last night, we had our mics turned off. So I guess it's fine that they're not on tonight either. My god, was he just wonderful to look at. I chuckled to myself at the thought and was a little relieved that the mics weren't on. He would've constantly heard me say "Jesus, he is so cute!" beneath my breath. He ran his hand through his slightly curly brown hair and I felt a part of me die inside. The way his chocolate brown eyes lit up when I made him laugh made me feel accomplished. And the crooked smile he made when I said something else made me blush. He had another smile too, one that he only used right before a good laugh. Every time he said, "Now I get to see that smile," lit a fire in me that refused to burn out. He makes me feel good about myself. I think he's damn cute, that boy. I like his personality. And I think I'm starting to like him too.

Here's the catch though:

1. He lives in Toronto.

2. We're on Winter Break right now and I don't know how long this will last.

3. He's too pretty for me.

4. He's an hour ahead.

5. He's more than 500 miles away.

Shiznit.

-- 2 weeks later --

Well, being the hopeful person I am, I developed some ultimatums:

1. We're almost 18. We can meet each other someday! After all, those Tumblr couples who post their lives on YouTube made it! So if anything were to happen between us, why can't we have that too?!

2. We're back in school and we just Skyped today. HELL YEAH.

3. Damn.. can't do much about that. Just accept it. PLUS HE PLAYS HOCKEY. A FOIIIIIINE HOCKEY PLAYER. YOU'RE NOT GONNA TAKE THAT!? YOU IMBECILE!

4. An hour? Are you kidding me? People are living with CRAZIER time differences and you're worried about an hour!? Take a slap-shot to the face and suck it up. An hour... pshh..

5. Okay, well uhh... Distance is nothing but a number, Casey. It's just 500 miles. You'e only in two different countries. You just have to pass some state boundaries and cross a border to get to Canada. No biggy. 

Alright, so maybe the 5th ultimatum wasn't the best, but you get the idea. Alex and I continue to Skype whenever he's online, since I'm always on my Skype app on my phone. He logs on almost every other night. I don't get to see his amazing face everyday, but it'll suffice. I'm going crazy over him. LDR's are not my thing. At least, they weren't before I met Alex. If anything happens, I'm open to it now. And he's convincing me that there are even more reasons to like him everytime we see each other... even if it's just through a computer screen.