-Saving a Rose-

Summer pov

It's been six years since y/n gave Altair to us, it has been difficult but our family wouldn't be here without him, I'm sure Qrow would've left had y/n not given him a copy of his semblance, I know Qrow feels guilty about that but I know he's also very grateful for having the last piece of y/n left and Altair's been such a joy to raise, he such a caring brother to Ruby... But I think he knows that we aren't his real parents, I've seen the look he has sometimes like he wants to know but he hasn't asked us. We've also been helping Tai with Yang as a couple of months after y/n's death Raven vanished leaving Tai alone with an infant yang, yang and Altair are quite close and Ruby tries her best to keep up with them, but I know they see each other as siblings rather than cousins.

I was cut off from my thoughts as Qrow walked in strangely sober, I tilted my head intrigued by his serious mood.

Qrow: I think he deserves to know Sum...

He said as my eyes widened slightly before I put down the cup I was washing.

Summer: A-Are you sure?

???: deserve to know what?

I and Qrow turned to be greeted by Altair whose eyes glowed slightly as I saw some of the cups rattle. I and Qrow glanced at each other before turning to h/c haired boy.

Qrow: I was going to tell you anyway so might aswell be now, kiddo we aren't your true parents, we don't know who your mother was but your father...

Qrow said as his face filled with sadness before continuing.

Qrow: your father was like a brother to me and Raven we knew him since we were your age, he was the extra member of team STRQ, he was the hero huntsman y/n l/n.

Altair seemed to calm down slightly before looking curious.

Altair: What was he like?

Qrow: heh, he was an amazing pilot, a powerful warrior and a good friend, he held a great hatred for sand and he wished to make a world free of discrimination and corruption to bring peace to Remnant however that dream cost him his life.

He said with a sad chuckle before staring out the window sadly as Altair looked down with a frown, I looked at the two before hearing my scroll ring from the living room, I left the two to their talk as I picked up my scroll.
I saw the contact was Ozpin, I sighed before closing the living room door so I could answer the call.

Summer: Hello, Ozpin, what is it?

Ozpin: I have a mission for you if you're not busy...

He said as I noticed there was a strange tone to his voice it sounded, regretful like he felt guilty for something.

Summer: is something Wrong headmaster?

Ozpin: Oh! No nothings wrong just... Tired

He said slightly sheepishly as I felt my eyes narrow slightly.

Summer: send me the briefing and I'll read them over and head to the location.

After I finished the call I stepped out onto the porch and saw Ruby speeding off towards Altair who held y/n's ignited lightsaber.

Ruby:(in the distance) howdoesitwork?itssocoolAltairtellmehowitworks?!

Qrow: did she just use her semblance?

He asked himself as I let out a chuckle causing him to turn towards me.

Summer: she discovered it this morning when she dropped her cookies.