Chapter 8, The new General

CHAPTER 8

The arrow punctured a few centimeters away from the target, waiting to be hit since forever. It was a normal evening at the training base. Wei An Ge and Sun Ai Er headed to the base after the court training just to play around. Nothing serious, they thought.

"Go, Crown Princess!" Sun Ai Er supported, clapping both of her hands. Out of excitement, she hopped a few times upon seeing the arrows passing through the air.

Wei An Ge pulled her left cheeks upwards, smirking in curiosity. "Sun Ai Er, I didn't even hit the target. Stop making fun of me, would you?"

"It's a very good improvement! A few years back then, you couldn't even hold the bow" Sun Ai Er motivate.

"I'm fifteen now, I'm not as weak as I was years back then!" She pats the bow on her chest, proud. "Imagine me at sixteen, I'll be unbeatable!"

Wei An Ge reached fifteen now. She couldn't be more excited to reach the age of sixteen.

---
"General Rong Zhe, we haven't confirmed the crown princess as a Jade Ring" The old physician, Li Zhi Jian complaint to his Wei Zhuang spies, Wang Kuan, and Sun Lai Zhe.

Li Zhi Jian took a solid year to recover from the previous injury. Had to blame his old age and slow metabolism. However, out of respect, none of the spies sounded him as a weight.

"We need to be fast. The Queen is in rage" General Wang Kuan recommended, exchanging looks with the others, concerned.

It had been on their notice that they kept getting messages from the Queen such as reminders and warnings. The Queen of Wei Zhuang has always had a bad temper and acting impulsively.

"I have a plan," Minister Sun Lai Zhe announced, excited. "We should regain our power. We will be unbeatable."

"How?" Li Zhi Jian asked in shock. He was also quite excited to regain his power.

In the Royal Palace of Hei An Guang, the power of Wei Zhuang people will be limited to nonexistent as a safety measurement. Hence, fewer spies were sent to Hei An Guang.

"We can. His Majesty has a garden full of poisonous plants." Sun Lai Zhe exposed.

"Isn't the poisonous garden a rumor?" Wang Kuan furrowed his eyebrows in confusion. "Plus, it's illegal to have any poisonous plants in the castle. Even the King can be punished."

"That's why they label it as a rumor. It's the truth" Li Zhi Jian solved.

"My grandson, Li Zhang Ke once came home being poisoned with one type of plant called Hogweed." He continued, "Since that night, he start to sleepwalk"

"Hogweed is the one we need to regain our power!" Sun Lai Zhe instructed, "Li Zhang Ke was born in Wei Zhuang so he might have regained some power because of the Hogweed. We need to ask him to bring us some."

"Li Zhang Ke is still in my training base" General Wang Kuan announced as his eyes hit on the others knowing that he created another problem.

"Why is he's there?"

"He is training to be a royal bodyguard" Wang Kuan explained, "He should be done with his training this month. He's an excellent warrior, actually."

"He's perfect" Li Zhi Jian labeled, smiling.

--

"Xin Er, where did you find Wolfie?" Gan Xie Le asked, patting Wolfie, sleeping on her lap.

It's been a day since Gan Xin arrived at Wei Zhuang together with Wolfie. Finally, his clothes are new and clean. His long black hair is properly combed with even tiny threads of braids resembling Wei Zhuang's hairstyle.