Chapter 13, Separate ways

CHAPTER 13, SEPARATE WAYS

They walked to the training base, inside the castle wearing their normal dark red armor clothes.

Wei An Ge didn't feel good since she changed her clothes. She was still attempting to recall some scenes in her head.

"Go on," the young general threw her a plain wood bow. Obviously, she was zoning out and failed to catch it as it fell to the ground.

"Are you alright, Crown Princess?" he placed his knee on the ground, in front of her, picking the bow up again.

The action of the movement hit somewhere in her brain, her eyes were blinking themselves a few times as she furrowed her eyebrows to her left side. A figure of someone running away from her appeared. It was a blur vision.

"Here you go," once again, this time, with manner, Li Zhang Ke passed the bow to her. His look was encouraging and his eyes were soft.

Wei An Ge took the bow from the general. Immediately she stretches the string, aiming the target in front of her. Effortlessly she shoot. The arrow fell to the ground. Wei An Ge showed no reaction except furrowing her eyebrows in confusion and tilting her head to the left.

The general shook his head, "It's fine," He walked to the arrow, wanting to pick it up. It was quite far, approximately fifteen steps ahead.

"Jing Nu, one more arrow" she rushed when the general bent his back to the ground. She tried shooting at the target again. It travels through the air furiously hitting on the target. Finally.

"Congrats, crown princess! You finally made it" Jing Nu supported, jumping in excitement.

Hearing Jing Nu's shouting, Li Zhang Ke stood up, looking at the target. He smiled, proud but when he turned towards the crown princess, he realized he was the next aim.

With her right hand stretching the string tight, her left eyes were shut to increase precision for the next target, General Li Zhang Ke.

"WERE YOU ONE OF THEM?!" She started shouting, walking closer to him.

Her eyebrows furrowed tighter. Her eyes were loaded with anger and dissatisfaction just by looking at the general.

"SAY IT!"

She arrived just a few steps from him, pointing the arrow.

The general fell into deep silence. He stood up straight, brave not walking away even a step back when she got closer.

"Calm down, Crown Princess. You brought the general back yourself, remember?" Jing Nu persuaded, holding the bow to stop aiming.

"Jing Nu, where are the generals?" the bow faced the ground.

"They managed to escape" Jing Nu bowed in disappointment.

"It's him" Wei An Ge held the bow towards the general again. "I repeat, were you one of them? Was it you that let those betrayers escape?"

Her husky voice lowered, warning him. The arrow was ready to be released. Even in the intense scene, Li Zhang Ke managed to keep putting on a cold face

"Crown Princess, the General was dead asleep like you were. How can he let them out?"

Her right upper lip raised upwards, smirking.

"Then it must be their families, daughters" the bow faced the ground again, "Jing Nu, let's go"

Wei An Ge tried turning away before the general caught her hand. She was bound inside his arm.

"CROWN PRINCESS!" Jing Nu panicked