Chapter 21, Pull the trigger

Xin Zhi Lei as Feng An Xin, the Queen of Wei Zhuang

CHAPTER 21, PULL THE TRIGGER

Since Gan Xin left for his mission, Wei Zhuang had been well. There were no attacks of foxglove poison as all of the were neutralized by the nightshade poison.

"My Queen," a guard knelt on the floor. As the Queen of Wei Zhuang was checking reports inside her study room.

The room was spacious with a lot of light passing through it and plants around the wall to cool down the temperature of the room. Beside her were stacks of rolled reports, waiting for her attention.

"What's wrong?" The Queen read through the scroll, not even sparing the guard a glance. Her vocal was cold.

"The son of General Gan Luo Yi married the Jade Ring yesterday during her coronation." He explained, pulling his eyes on the floor knowing that the Queen might not react to the news well.

"Mph," She chuckled and smiled once, not surprised. "Youngsters,"

She stood up, exiting the room. "Summon The General and his wife to the palace."

"Copied that,"

The Queen sat on the throne with such an elegant posture, waiting for the Gan's arrival.

"Gan Luo Yi greets The Queen," The General immediately felt on his knees, connecting the tip of his fingers in front of his eyes followed by his beloved wife, Gan Xie Le.

"Rise up, General."

"Are there any news about Gan Xin? The Queen wouldn't have summoned Xie Le if it doesn't involve him," Gan Luo Yi voiced out, worried upon realizing the Queen's move.

"Exactly, General" The Queen walked to them, smiling.

Gan Xie Le's head raised up, interested. She has been missing her son the day he left her with Wolfie.

"Congratulations, your son married our ONE AND ONLY JADE RING!" Her low tone increased in anger. With her telekinesis power, she threw every flower vase around her. Her face turned red, her chest turned tight. "HOW WOULD YOU EXPLAIN THIS, GENERAL?"

Her eyes enlarged to him as Gan Luo Yi froze in disbelief, trying to come up with an idea to defense Gan Xin's mistake.

The Queen took a deep breath, relaxing. "Guards, contact with Gan Xin and tell him his paarent are also poisoned by Nightshade,"

The guard who appeared to her just now immediately exit the palace with a super high speed to Hei An Guang. The Queen walked to the back of the general and his wife.

"My Queen, I believe that Gan Xin has tricks upon his sleeve." Gan Luo Yi guaranteed dragging his kneels to The Queen just behind his wife.

"Of course he do. But sadly General, our dying land of Wei Zhuang doesn't have much time for foolish love story," She reminded with a friendly tone of voice as she picked up a the Nightshade plant from the vase she dropped.

The General knew what was the Queen's going to do but instead turned into a blind eye. However, he couldn't hide his nervousness. Drop of sweats flow from his forehead, furrowed his eyebrows as his heartbeat rate increased.

"They said in this world, a men will have two most important women in their life. A wife and the mother," The Queen speech, pasting the spikes deeper into Gan Xie Le's back, mantaining eye contact with the General in front of her.

"ARGH!" Gan Xie Le moaned, suddenly having the spikey poisonous plant pasted to her back by the Queen. Warm blood started to flow through the wounds. Her straight posture crouched to the floor. "Luo Yi," she cried with the pain of the poison spreading to her blood flow. She tried reaching to her husband but he was motionless.

"Xin'er," She whispered, almost loosing consciousness to the ground with teary eyes.

"XIE LE!" The General caught the bloody mother and took off the plant from her . Without any hesitation, he hugged her tight.

"You're poisoned too," Gan Xie Le warned, laying on Gan Luo Yi's arms knowing that he also touched the Nightshade.

"Don't worry, I believe Gan Xin will get the Jade Pearls," He wiped his wife's pale face. "You should rest now, alright?"

"Pull the trigger and Gan Xin won't waste time anymore." The Queen explained with a satisfied voice, smiling as she walked away accompanied by the guards.

"Bear with me. As the Queen, I shouldn't be lying to any of my subjects," She left.

---

The next morning, Li Zhang Ke found himself laying on his bed in the old manner of the Li's where his grandfather and sister used to live peacefully. He tried waking up but fell back to the bed as his chest felt tight.

"You're not supposed to move, Li Zhang Ke." Wang Xuan entered the room with a board of rice congee and lotus beef soup.

His eyes followed her figure, as she sit, laying his back against the wood wall

"How is Rong Le?"

"She's fine, thanks to Wei An Ge and Gan Xin last night." She explained, offering him a spoon of the congee she made. Li Zhang Ke immediately ate the congee offered and wiped his face. "But they needed payment."

"What payment?"

"Wei An Ge saw your bold plan," Wang Xuan explained, offering him another spoon of congee. Upon hearing Wang Xuan, his heart felt uneasy of the punishment he will have to go through.

"She said she failed to marry you, So she-"

"She what?"

"She, the Queen blessed us with a marriage," Wang Xuan voice turned lower,

"BULLSHIT!" Li Zhang Ke pushed the bowl of congee to the floor, furious. "HOW CAN YOU LET THAT HAPPEN?!"

"IF I DONT, YOU AND HUA RONG ARE ALREADY DEAD!" WANG Xuan stood up, scolding. "IT'S ALL BECAUSE OF YOU AND YOUR GREEDINESS! WEI AN GE KNEW LI HUA RONG KILLED JING NU AND SHE SAW YOUR PLAN, IF YOU DIDN'T PIN YOUR OWN SISTER TO THE WALL HOW THE HELL WOULD THE POISON START ATTACKING-"

"Rong'er?" Li Zhang Ke hit realization. He couldn't believe what was told. "She killed Jing Nu?"

Wang Xuan shook her head, denying. "No. I did, it was Gan Xin's plan. We didn't even agreed to it at first but he said Wei An Ge was supposed to make Jade Pearls and recover her and also hide her from you so you would have thought she was dead."

"She can't use her power around the palace area, so that's why Jing Nu died and your plan failed. You wanted to eliminate me so you start with Jing Nu."

"Exactly. Gan Xin is the leader of Wei Zhuang's royal spies. He asked us to get rid of you."

"Wouldn't it be easier for him to kill me last night? Why bother saving me?"

"In front of Wei An Ge? That will only spoil his identity." Wang Xuan picked the bowl, exiting the room. "Gan Xin is married to Wei An Ge. unlike you, we are winning. You should rest."

He laid back distressed and frustrated than ever.

--