Chapter 11, Appearance of the Jade Ring

CHAPTER 11, APPEARANCE OF THE JADE RING

"Boss, I want a bag of apples" Wei An Ge ordered, smiling at the man.

He nodded, choosing for a good apple to be sold, smiling that he was getting paid more money for his family while Wei An Ge was scanning the area. She was getting excited by the view but hunger should be first.

"Here you go, miss" he handed the bag with a large thankful smile. "3 silver, miss"

"Thank you," she passed the silver pieces. "Silver horse, one for you"

She gave it to the horse to be eaten as they continued strolling. Looking from the view, Hei An Guang was not actually the scariest kingdom. The people were kind and friendly. The palace was the ruthless one.

"Miss, " the seller called. "Would you mind if I ask you a small matter?" The seller stopped her before she could walk away with the horse.

"Continue," she permitted, taking another bite of the juicy and crunchy apple.

"Why are you wearing a glove? You're not from here is it?" He smiled with his squinted eyes and white straight teeth to cover up the awkwardness.

"Ah, I have skin disease" she lied, smiling. "People can't see my hand, they will be disgusted and run away,"

"But you're such a pretty lady, miss. How can such an unfortunate event happen to you?"

She blushed and nodded goodbye as she walked faster.

"What does being pretty has anything to do with being unfortunate?" She mumbled,

The street was full of fruits, food, and performances. The atmosphere was loud and fascinating.

"Amazing!" The people supported, shouting. "AMAZING!"

"Let's have a look," Wei An Ge rushed to the bunch of people circling around a guy drinking from a cup. "He's drunk, what's so exciting about it?"

The performer starts spitting out fire.

Wei An Ge's eyes enlarged, shocked.

"You're a dragon if you're drunk??" She applauds. "So cool"

While being full of excitement, she let go of the horse's headcollar rope. The silver horse, being bothered by the loud crowd felt uneasy, it started moving around.

"Ouch!" A young squeaky voice lingered. Wei An Ge looked down to see a 4 years old messy looking boy was being pushed by her horse.

"Boy, I'm sorry" she picked him up and placed him on the horse. "You watch the drunk dragon from up here. It's a better view"

"Thank you, miss" he thanked,

"Hey, you should call me sister" she turned to him, smiling. "Say it, sister"

He repeated. "Sis-ter-"

"THANK YOU EVERYONE!" The performer was bowing to the crowds, expressing his gratitude.

Both the child and Wei An Ge sigh in disappointment.

"The drunk dragon has gone now, let's stroll around more. What do you think, young boy?" She asked, guiding the horse.

The boy nodded repeatedly, smiling. His smile justified they he had no teeth in a certain area.

"You're so cute, I can eat you," Wei An Ge teased, softly pinching his chubby and dirty cheeks "yummy"

"Sister, you're cute as well. Zhi Qi can eat you too"

"You don't even have teeth," she laughed.