Chapter 18, The Xin Jia's ambassador

CHAPTER 18, THE XIN JIA'S AMBASSADOR

Hei An Guang was raining cats and dogs that the coldness has yet to disappear. In such a large dark wood coffin was Jing Nu, dead. The whole Chang Ge manor was decorated with white cloth around it, symbolizing moaning of the dead.

"Jing Nu, the palace refused to mourn for you because they said you're just a lowly maid," Wei An Ge, in all white outfit was kneeling before the cooffin. "Those stupid people,"

Her upper lips raised, smiling as she relight the candle that kept being blew off by the cold wind. She took a long breath, continue staring at the large brown coffin bitterly smiling.

It was freezing cold even though the rain was just sprinkling. Wei An Ge was freezing cold can only be a good girl and be there before Jing Nu get buried.

"Crown Princess," an old eunuch bowed behind her.

"Jing Nu needs silence, eunuch." She turned to him with a sad puppy eyes added with her pale skin and lips. "Would you mind?"

With a weak vocal, she pleaded knowing most of her request will get rejected.

The eunuch furrowed, scratching his head, confused. "Crown Princess, an ambassador from Xin Jia is here-"

"Ask them to go to the palace," She turned back to the coffin with a cold voice. "Why even bother coming here,"

"Gan Xin of Xin Jia greets the Crown Princess," The Wei Zhuang's Royal spies leader assuming his new identity as a Xin Jia official appeared behind the eunuch, bowing with a large innocent smile. He was displaying thick furry coat covering his shoulder and body from the coldness of the rain.

"You heard me, go to the palace," Wei An Ge didn't even spared him a glance. Her body was kept straight as her eyes turned teary, not being able to hold her dissatisfaction of having a proper burial for Jing Nu .

"Mother, do you want me to kick them out?"

She stared at the coffin, sneakily smiling. In all of a sudden, a loud banging sound hit the floor.

"GAN XIN OF XIN JIA GREETS THE CROWN PRINCESS AND HER MOTHER!" Gan Xin knelt down, smiling and bowing to the coffin. He then turned to the Crown Princess. "We meet again,"

"What do you mean?" Wei An Ge pointed the old dagger to him, deadly staring. "When did we even had a Xin Jia's ambassador?"

Gan Xin sneakily smiled, displaying his palm hanging on the air and then placed it on her hands, pulling the old dirty dagger to the floor. Her eyes were deadly exchanging between the dagger and Gan Xin's movement on the ground.

"Crown Princess, you look so pale. It's raining, shouldn't you be somewhere warmer?" He advised, sounding convincing.

However, her eyes were still on the dagger, staring.

"Crown Princess?"

"Get out, okay?" She begged with cracked voice, pasting her dead eyes on Gan Xin.

Gan Xin shook his head in denial, pulling the tips of his lips across his whole cheeks. He untied the thick coat he was wearing and placed it on the Crown Princess's back then tapped her back, "It's cold"

He knew instead of bringing the Jade Ring to Wei Zhuang, he needed her in the best condition of health. Looking at the pale face and swollen eyes, he knew Jing Nu won't stand the chance to survive. He felt pity for her because she was calling the maid 'mother' which hits him back to home, imagining if it was her mother in the coffin.

"Our Hei An Guang has enough blanket, don't worry," She buried herself in the coat, laying her side down to the floor. "We don't need your blanket supplies, understood?"