Chapter 16, The rainy day

Wolfiee

CHAPTER 16, THE RAINY DAY

"My queen, I think the new spies will take too long getting the Jade Ring back. They still might be shocked with such responsibility which is a burden." Gan Xin bowed before Feng An Xin the Queen of Wei Zhuang.

Saying the statement, Gan Xin had been having butterflies inside the stomach. Ever since he was sent to Ming Yun Brick, he had always feared the Queen. Knowing what she can or will do without even looking at the bigger picture.

"What do you have in mind, Gan Xin?" the queen questioned, with such an interested vocal.

"Allow me to go to Hei An Guang myself. I'm willing to help them get back the Jade Ring," He knelt. His face was painted with determination. "I guarantee to get her back"

The Queen exchanged her view towards the previous generation of the royal spies with their new outfit and identity as the most experienced people about Hei An Guang. "Gentlemen, what do you have to say about this?"

"My Queen, I'm sure our daughters are willing to listen to Gan Xin as their leaders" Li Zhi Jian bowed, agreed.

"I think it's a good idea to let Gan Xin guide the new royal spies at Hei An Guang" Wang Kuan stood forward. "But the Jade Ring is currently having a hatred on Wei Zhuang. So it's better to have him to said that he's from another kingdom. He can have senior Chen Zuo Li help him"

"Gan Xin, you can start packing for your trip to Hei An Guang soon." the queen directed.

"Thank you, my Queen" he bowed.

--

"Where are you going?!" Gan Xie Le burst out crying of dissatisfaction. "Xin Er, didn't you promise me? Why are you leaving?"

They were at the border of Wei Zhuang where Gan Xin was giving farewell to his family. The royals were also there to send him off.

"Mother," he jumped off the horse and confront her, persuading. "I'll come back as soon as I find the Jade Ring. Please forgive me for being unfilial!" he knelt, having his palm on each other bowing.

Gan Xie Le hugged her son, that was kneeling. "Xin Er,"

She cried.

"Let him go," a matured feminine voice echoed as a beautiful tall and slim lady appeared out of the thin air.

"Pretty fairy," Gan Xin called as soon as he noticed the figure.

"Young boy, it's been a while." She bowed a little. "Gan Xie Le, you should let him go. We've made a deal, Gan Xin has to find the Jade Ring and he will be the one returning her back to our Wei Zhuang"

The fairies were the guard of Wei Zhuang. Their predictions were to be obeyed because they know what's best for Wei Zhuang.

Gan Xie Le slowly released her son from the hug, wiping her tears and immediately carved a smile.

"Our Xin Er is so awesome, he can definitely do it" she pats his head, fixing his clothes. "Go on,"

"I'll come back, mother" Gan Xin got on the horse, smiling. "Wish me luck, father"

Gan Luo Yi nodded, smiling with pride.

"GO!" Gan Xin whipped the horse, marching to Hei An Guang all by himself.

The day marks the Crown Princesses' long-awaited 16th birthday. It was raining lightly which made the atmosphere cold and sorrowful.

"Where is Jing Nu?" She inquired, laying her head on the table inside her room. "Hmm, there's no one here."