Chapter 17, Jing Nu's last words

CHAPTER 17, JING NU'S LAST WORDS

"Crown Princess, we can't do anything about it. The King really is guilty"

The court was in chaos upon the King being in the imperial prison and the Crown Princess insisted on letting him go for the sake of the kingdom. She knew she shouldn't voice about the poisoning matter as it was indeed, a guilt.

"But he's done so much for our kingdom. This should be a big deed!" she knelt, protesting with a loud determined vocal.

"Indeed it is. But it's only enough to not get him sentenced to death, crown princess" The old minister of crime explained before her that was kneeling, with an unwilling heart. "We're also sad upon knowing this."

"Who's going to lead the court if it's not His Majesty?" A general stood out, questioning.

"It should be the Crown Princess," Li Zhang Ke voiced out. "All the training these years are for this moment,"

Wei An Ge turned to him, deadly. "I refuse to."

"Crown Princess reached sixteen years old today. The minimum age to be a ruler of Hei An Guang" Li Zhang Ke added, forcing her way as the new ruler. "It's your responsibility,"

"MAY THE CROWN PRINCESS HAVE HER CORONATION AS SOON AS POSSIBLE!" Li Zhang Ke bowed, shouting his desire.

A few seconds later, the whole court bowed, repeating Li Zhang Ke. Wei An Ge was left with an unsettled heart, anxious s she began clutching her hands tightly on the ground.

---

"A bunch of old men wanting me to guide them? General Li is really forcing my way," She shoots the arrow she was gripping on with her full anger. "My coronation, such a joke"

As expected, the arrow dropped to the ground. She stared to the ground with a sigh of anxious heart. Wei An Ge had not yet confident of her potential and presentation. She had never really focused in her trainings as she thought she wouldn't have gotten the crown so quickly.

"Crown princess!" Jing Nu came running. "Are you okay?"

"Where were you yesterday?" She pointed the arrow towards Jing Nu that was catching her breath. "There was no one in the Chang Ge manor. There were no Jing Nu, Li Hua Rong, Sun Ai Er, Wang Xuan nor is Li Zhang Ke. The King is in the prison, were you all planning something behind me? " She walked closer to Jing Nu, with a mixed feeling of anger and disappointment.

Jing Nu shook her head in denial, freaking out upon the arrow pointed at the center of her eyes. "Li Zhang Ke, he-"

Upon hearing Jing Nu's unfinished statement, Wei An Ge just dropped the bow to its container and walked away with a clueless mind and mixed emotion. Her eyes turned red and her facial look was deadly. She felt bad for Jing Nu having to withstand her but there were no turning back to apologize with her high ego.

--

"Leader," Wang Xuan, Li Hua Rong, and Sun Ai Er bowed to the man on the horse, sitting with a straight back. "Welcome to Hei An Guang"

He uncovered his face that was covered with his outfit's hoodie. It was Gan Xin with his tall figure on the horse, with fully raised cheeks, squinting his lower eyes. His smile was generous and kind, creating a very friendly appearance.

"How old are you guys?" He inquired, scanning their faces, being curious. "You all look so young,"

"Sixteen this year," Sun Ai Er replied, shyly smiling.

"Me too" he smiled, jumping off the horse and started bowing to them. "Nice to meet you ladies. I've known your father and they are perfectly fine, guaranteed."