XXI

I'll admit, I've distanced myself from everyone even my dad. I mean, Sue and him broke up because he realised she's not his type which is great I guess. Not so great when everyone wants to blow up my phone, I just need some time to process what happened with the lock down...with my mom, it's just a lot. I sit in my gaming chair, just focusing on my TV screen. Gaming is basically my only release right now, I've been keeping my phone on silent too so I don't have to deal with all the buzzing or pinging. Thank you Spotify for connecting to my PlayStation too, I can play my games and jam out to my playlist. I frown at the person blocking my view, trying to see my game better. I feel my headphones being yanked from my head.
"Hey!" I finally look up. "Kitty."
"Now I see why you haven't been answering your phone."
"I've been distracted."
"I can tell." She looks around the room. "This is where you've been hiding."
"Can you blame me?"
"No, but it would be nice if you'd talk to me." She sits on my bed.
I spin around in my chair to face her, she sighs as she takes in the mess my rooms become.
"I'm sorry." I look at my feet. "I deal with things by shutting down..."
"I see that, we're all worried about you."
"I'm just not used to that I guess." I shrug.
"Have you been eating?"
I sigh, sitting back a little.
"Can you tell?"
"Tucker, I can see your ribs."
"I've been doing track, going to class, doing more track, coming home and gaming...on top of smoking and red bull."
"You also need a haircut and a shave."
"You don't like the rugged look?" I joke, looking at the blonde.
"I don't like the into the wild look." She crosses her arms over her chest. "Its not funny, you need to talk to someone."
"I've been talking to my dad." I reach over and grab my cigarettes.
I stand up and head out to the balcony, I don't care if I'm shirtless right now or that I don't have a packer. No ones going to see me from up here. Kitty follows, frowning the whole time.
"I know, I've been talking to him...thats why we brought some help."
I turn to look at her, cigarette hanging out of my mouth. I sigh softly and light it up.
"Can I at least finish this?"
She rolls her eyes, laughing quietly.
"Shower and get dressed though."
"Alright." I nod.
Kitty leaves me alone to do whatever, I try to keep myself calm. I have no idea what my dad and Kitty have planned, but I don't like it already. I finish up and drag myself to the shower. I'm not shaving, I like having a beard it makes me feel better. I sigh, fixing my hair, I haven't been able to tie it back for a long time jeez this feels weird yet satisfying. I grab whatever from my closet and head downstairs. The whole glee club is here, including Will and Emma. Great, intervention.

I sit on the sofa, bouncing my knee gently.
"You wanna tell us whats been going on?" My dad frowns.
"Well, after the whole lock down thing everyone started going a little crazy." I shrug. "I just didn't wanna be around it all."
"You know shutting down isn't good."
"Its how I deal with it." I sigh. "I'm sorry I worried everyone, but I have my way of dealing with things."
"Not eating isn't good." Will cuts in.
"I know, I'll work on it."
"We've been worried." Marley puts a hand on my arm. "You look sick."
"I know, I'll start eating again."
"Will you come back to glee club?" Sam frowns. "We're all back to normal."
"No more Evan?"
Sam shakes his head slowly, looking at his hands.
"I'll come back, just don't bombard me."
"You owe me a date." Kitty smiles, leaning her head on my shoulder.
"I do, you choose." I wrap my arm around her, holding her close.
"If your dad is fine with it, I'd like to stay the night."
My dad chuckles and nods his head.
"You're welcome here any time you want."

"What we're you playing anyway?" Kitty picks up my controller happily.
"Call of duty, its a shooting game." I sit beside her.
"Can I try?"
"Sure." I chuckle.
I try my best to teach my girlfriend how to play the game, she's actually not too bad at this other than the fact she doesn't like the trash talking.
"Just, act like it's Bree." I grin. "You can handle trash talk."
"Good idea."
I mean, she shut those kids up that tried to trash her.
"Okay, we need to sleep." I pry the controller from her hands.
"Can we watch a movie?" She gives me a sweet smile.
I can't say no to that, I just pick a random movie for us to fall asleep to. I snuggle up with ny girlfriend and sigh softly. I missed this.
"I missed you."
"I missed you too." I kiss the top of her head softly.
I keep my eyes on the screen, feeling Kitty falling asleep on me as her breathing gets slower. I try not to disturb her by shuffling to get comfortable and succeed, guess I should sleep too.

Power cut in school, of course there's a riot happening. You can't expect a bunch of teenagers who hate school to stay calm when they think we can go home because there's no power. Ryder just told us his biggest secret and I can relate to that, but the way the guys are acting is disgusting.
"Any kid would be lucky for an older woman to touch their junk!" Sam grins.
"That's not something you think when it happens to you." I snap.
"No, he's right...I'm the luckiest guy ever."
I look at Kitty and sigh. We meet up in the hall away from the guys, I can't listen to that bull anymore.
"You got upset in there."
"I just think its disgusting that guys can't come clean about this without being told they're lucky." I frown.
"Do you have experience with that?"
"No, but in my last school...a guy on track team was assaulted by our geography teacher, everyone had a crush on her." I sigh softly. "Well, he had just finished running laps and went to shower, she assaulted him there. Poor guy was messed up, but of course everyone called him gay, said he had to be gay if he didn't like it."
"That's horrible."
"Yeah, and what's worse is I was one of them." I frown, trying to think about that time.
"That doesn't sound like you." Kitty looks away.
"Its not me, I guess part of me wanted to be left alone and its not an excuse." I scoff. "I apologised before he left for another school."
"At least you admitted it."
I nod slowly, looking around the hallway.
"I was assaulted too." Kitty finally breaks the quiet between us.
"What?" I snap my head back.
She finally opens up about it all, I stand in shock and partly in anger. I can't believe this. I pull my girlfriend in for a cuddle, making sure she knows she's safe with me.
"Maybe you should talk to Ryder." I mumble. "At least he won't feel alone."
"Great idea."
I can't believe those guys would act like that, this is serious. Ryder finally spoke up about something he's been hiding for years and that's the reaction he gets? I thought they were different, but I'm no better am I?