Chapter 9: One Last Time

Date: 8th December, 1945

Time: 11 : 49 AM

Location: Azur Lane Base, Pacific Ocean

Objective: Save Hornet's Fleet!

Hours ago...

Tso Ying and Zuikaku are fighting by exchanging blows, while Seoul and Shokaku are fighting by using their melodies from their flutes.

Bian, Arissa, Cleveland, Javelin, and Laffey are helping Hornet's fleet, which was beaten badly, leaving Bataan and Hornet the last. But not until they were attacked by Iron Blood.

Meanwhile in Wardroom Azur Lane I

*RRRIIINNNGGG!*

The telephone rings as the Prince of Wales answers the telephone.

Prince of Wales: This is Azur Lane base command.

???: It's been a long while, Wales.

Prince of Wales: Huh? Your Majesty!

Queen Elizabeth: Your wait is over. I, Queen Elizabeth, and my noble fleet has arrived! *Holding a cup of British tea*

Prince of Wales: Thank you, Your Majesty. Our allies are under attack!

Queen Elizabeth: I'm aware, of course!

Queen Elizabeth: I have already made my move!

Meanwhile in the battlefield.

With Tso Ying and Zuikaku...

At the IJN Zuikaku.

Zuikaku: Wow, Tso Ying, you maybe right, you got some skills I tell you what!

Tso Ying: Well consider this our first and last duel, Zuikaku!

Zuikaku: A worthy opponent, I see. Then dodged this!!!

With a yell, Zuikaku lunged forward, her katana raised as Tso Ying did the same. Their blades clashed on to each other as a shockwave was released. The two then released themselves, pulling back as Zuikaku, was aiming for the head.

Tso Ying: You forgot to protect your body Zuikaku.

Zuikaku: Wha---!

Tso Ying kicked her in the knee.

Spinning past a harsh slash, Tso Ying came behind her and lashed out her attack on her, but she dodged it.

Zuikaku then charged forward and struck Tso Ying's side, but she blocked her attack. Sensing her attack, she blocks it with her katana which Zuikaku was aiming for her thigh. Tso Ying then deflected another attack that went to her head again.

Tso Ying: Take this!

Tso Ying then sidestepped through Zuikaku as she smacked her back with the flat of her sword.

Zuikaku: GGrrr!!! *Gritting her teeth*

Tso Ying: Is that all you got Zuikaku? I expected a challenge from you. (Jeez I'm such a bully at this point.)

Zuikaku: Plenty more where that came from!

She unleashed a hail of blows against Tso Ying but she dodged every single one of them.

Zuikaku: Come on! Fight back already!

Tso Ying: Oh well, if you insisted. Here goes nothing! *She makes her move*

Tso Ying jumped into the air as she set her blade to her head. Zuikaku grinned as she blocked it. She thought that she had caught her but her triumph had turned to pain. As she was surprised that Tso Ying then emitted fire from her blade.