Chapter 42: The Monster Inside

In Azur Lane...

It was midnight, the base was silent, only a few lights shone on the base. All the ship girls went to their dorms to sleep and wait for the next day to come. All ships are docked at their ports, the others are on night patrol while others are having problems.

The Liberal Republic, however, are on their different duties at night. The Orient Pearl is on the lookout for any Siren interference. The Majapahit Snakes, Royal Hills, and Clean Horizons are sleeping in their ships. The Royal Moon, only Chakri was by the sea with Enterprise (LR), Yorktown (LR), and Hornet (LR). The Northern Blood are sleeping with the Eagle Union after some invite them for a sleepover. Blue Sun and the Densiflora Empire are with the Sakura Empire for special night training.

Emilia with Chakri, Enterprise (LR), Yorktown (LR), and Hornet (LR) . They are talking about Enterprise's changing behaviour a few hours ago.

Chakri: She doesn't want to come to breakfast with Belfast?

Enterprise (LR): I'm surprised to have that stubborn behaviour of her returning.

Emilia: She was like that before running into me and hugging me.

Hornet (LR): Oh, is there someone jealous?

Enterprise (LR): Look, sister I know you are thinking about me and Emy being an item, but I'm not!

Hornet (LR): Oh really, but when we are at the ruins, you said you have a crush on her or something.

Enterprise (LR): *Blushes* That's all because of her kindness to me okay! I mean, sure I would loved to spend time with her, but that's different. There's a reason why I admire and love her.

Yorktown (LR): Emilia, please explain to me about you and my sister's relationship?

Chakri: We and Emilia are taken care as caretakers to Enterprise during her recovery and restoration.

Emilia: That is ever since the Liberal Republic has made America our ally. She was found in the Pacific Ocean, lucky for her, the blueprints are still in the Navy.

Enterprise (LR): That's when I was found and sent to the United States Navy, to be recovered and to be restored. But that was during the time... I was alone.

Hornet (LR): I kinda feel bad for my big sister. Being the only one to be found before you, Emilia and Chakri found us.

Chakri: It was a difficult time for her, we tried everything we can to comfort her, especially Emilia, she's always the one protecting her from harm during her recovery.

Chakri: That was the time when we are still ships, this is from my conscience, since the retrofitting happened.

Yorktown (LR): Then... what happened after that?

Emilia: It happened, my worst fears, for both me and Chakri. Enterprise wasn't alone in that dockyard. Someone else was with her... but it was not from us or even the United States Navy, it was something from out of the ordinary.

Emilia: Someone was with her, like a demon, pulling her into the dark. The monster that lies inside of Enterprise's pain and despair.

At Enterprise's Dorm Room...

Her dorm room soon became a mess, her chair had fallen to the ground as her ration bars were littered all over the place. Her blankets have been scattered from the bed as her door was left opened.

Enterprise: ... ... Ughh...

Enterprise: No... No... Please...

Enterprise: It hurts... please stop... don't...