V. Making It Count

I rapidly unfold the paper while making sure my mother didn't notice and read,

Make it count! 
Meet me at the clock!

I could feel my heart rate rise as I glance at the door then at my mother to see she was preoccupied with one of her dog-like friends. I took this chance to run out of the room without her noticing and slip up the stairs. Once I got to the clock I noticed Jack, looking as stunning as ever as he reached his hand out for mine.

"Now... do you want to see a real party?"

⚓️⚓️⚓️

The yellow-tinted room that was filled with smoke and music was one of the best places I could have been. 

I was sitting at a table watching two men arm wrestle, one loses, then laugh about it. Why can't everyone be this way?

Jack was dancing his heart out with an adorable little girl in his hands. Her laughter warms my heart and brings a smile to both my and Jack's face.

"Want a drink, m'lady?" A slightly buzzed Fabrizio asked politely.

"Why yes, I do." I nod eagerly as he hands me the ice-cold drink into my soft hands. "Thank you very much." I beamed as he sits back in his chair and tilts his hat at me with a smile. 

"Well, I'm going to dance with that other pretty lady, right over there, alright?" I hear Jack mumble from behind me to the little girl.

"Okay. Thank you for dancing with me, uncle Jack." With that, the little girl skips her way to the table with her dark brown curls bouncing behind her.

"I believe it's your turn. Come on, dance with me." Jack lends his hand out to me, gesturing me to take it as the music change to a much faster song I didn't recognize.

"Jack, I don't know this dance!" I exclaim loudly so he could hear my voice over the fast and exciting music.

"Neither do I! But what I do know is that we need to get a bit closer!" He yelled back and hooked his arm around my waist, pulling me closer to his chest. I gasp when I felt how close we were. I could practically see my reflection in his eyes.

Cough cough

We turn to see the same little girl, upset that Jack was dancing with me and not her.

"Don't worry, Cora. You're still my best girl." The little girl's face lit up at his statement.

"You are a much better dancer than me, Cora. I couldn't even come close to beating you as his best girl." I smile after leaning closer to the little girl. If it was possible, her smile grew even wider as she ran back to the table.

"Now where were we?!" Jack focuses his attention back on me as he takes me across the stage, jumping up and down in circles. I follow his movements as best as I could through all of my laughter.

I haven't laughed like this in forever...

Jack spins me around numerous times, after, letting my waist go and doing what seemed to be some sort of Irish jig. Tapping his toes and heels to the wood stage which made small thuds, only bickering me more to join.