VIII. Iceberg

"Hello?!" We heard a clear and echoed voice coming from the entrance of the storage room.

"Is anyone down here?!" A second man with a thick British accent spoke.

Jack and I ferociously ripped out of each other grasp and grabbed our clothes, forcing them on as fast as we could, then jumping out of the car and running for the exit door.

Jack stopped me to watch the men approach the automobile and cautiously walk to open the door.

"Gatch ya!" The steward yelled and shined his flashlight in the car. Suddenly his face flattened in disappointment when he found nobody there. Jack then pulled me out of the room, up two flights of stairs, and we both erupted with a fit of giggles after reaching the cold outdoors.

"Did you see the look on those guys' faces?!"

"Yeah! They thought we were just going to let them find us like that?! You kidding?!" We both spun around and laughed until Jack pulled me to his chest and we slowly settled out fascial features. 

"Jack, when this boat docks... I'm getting off with you." I sigh was a large smile.

"This is crazy, Y/n." He smiled, warming my heart like hot fudge.

"I know. That's why I trust it. I trust you... With anything and everything." I pulled his lips in for a blissful kiss until Jack held me by the hand and swiftly spun me around and started dancing with me. 

He pulls me close to his chest and rests his hand on my waist while his other hand is linked with mine. He then starts humming 'Come, Josephine, In My Flying Machine' while he sways me gently. 

^^(Kinda creepy ngl)

I rest my head on his chest and he balances his chin on my head as we both close our eyes in comfort. I soaked up every once of his body heat, sinking into his chest. I couldn't care less that it was below freezing out, all I cared about was that I was dancing with the one I loved most. And there was nothing anyone could do about it.

"I see you learned the lyrics?"

"Yeah, Fabrizio knows the song well. He gave me a few pointers." He chuckled as we fell back into silence, him continuing to sing.

I was finally living the life I wanted to live. Not being told what to do by people that think they have authority in my life. I make my own decisions and I choose to be with Jack for the rest of my life.

Jack started leaving small kisses from the top of my head to my forehead, then my cheeks, until he got to my neck. He left soft butterfly kisses on my sensitive skin, making me giggle.

"Jack." I laughed out loud and rested my hand at the back of his neck.

Suddenly, we were interrupted by a large crashing sound that seemed to rumble the whole ship. 

I felt Jack's strong arm push me out of the way of what seemed to be flying rocks?

"Get back!"

The substance smashes to the ground with a thud and breaks into smaller pieces. Only then did I realize it was blocks of ice.

Terrified, I slowly raise my gaze to a large iceberg sticking out of the cold ocean. Jack and I glance at each other in fear and both started running to the side of the ship to get a better look.

"Jack... This isn't good..." 

"Y/n, we're going to be okay, alright? I promise." He smiles at me and takes me by the shoulders.